bags

97CuttySupSL

Yup, I have a bagged 94 convertible and I will be baggin my wife's 95 convertible this winter. Mine was done from scratch as I had yet to see a bolt on kit for these cars. I have over $3000 in my suspension but should be able to do my wife's for around $1500. I am planning to do a full writeup on the process and post it here with pics and everything.

If i have learned anything from the first car, it is more what not to do than anything. The trial and error process was the most time consuming and expensive. Now that I know what not to do, my next install should be more reliable, cost less, and be better in every way possible. Not that my car is a pos, I have put 8,000 miles on the air ride in 2 years with no issues at all, I just have some ways to make it better.

Hope that helps....

-Sean

WRITE-UPS ARE ALWAYS GOOD!

Hey Sean. I was thinking about the toe-out issue when the suspension is lowered. If you had the alignment of the car altered to have more toe- in, when at proper hieght, the toe out when lowered would be less. Sean discussed this issue with me, when the suspension is lowered the stering is on the rear side of the spindles, and causes the rear side of the strut to turn in when lowered, resulting in a toe out condition. The proper toe (the angle between the front tires, if you were to cast lines from them) is zero on our cars, with an acceptable range of +/- 1/2 degree IIRC. you should find out what the actual toe is when the car is lowered.

Ken,

Great idea and I have thought about doing that because the car does look a little goofy with the wheels toed out when it is on the ground. What I have done with it though is had the the aligned so everything is perfect and in alignment at ride height. For example, I usually cruise with 80psi in the front bags on the highway so that is the psi I set it when I got it aligned. Fwiw, we did measure the toe when the car was laid out and while I don't remember what it was, it was some crazy ass number. We also measured the positive camber in the rear at full life and it was some crazy number as well. In fact, I get so much positive camber in the back that if I put the full 150 psi in the back on the interstate, the back end become squirrley as all hell and is almost impossible to control. Needless to say I don't do it often at high speeds.

-Sean