Repainting Wiper Arms

BCM

I wouldn't bother wetsanding mine if I were to paint them, since they are tucked in behind the hood pretty good to begin with. Other cars they are much more visible (I'm not sure about Intrigues)

just paint em...there not exposed to extreme conditions anyways

I guess having ice frozen to them and ice scrapper smashing the ice off doesn't count.....lol

I'd at least put a coat of clear to make it a bit tougher.

just sand them down a bit and spray paint them....

I'm gonna have to replace mine sometime soon since the part where it turns metal to plastic is all sun cracked and I'm waiting for the day the wiper9s) fall off with half a wiper arm attached lol

Go buy new ones?

Wiper arms, not wiper blades.

u can buy new ones!

The advantage to buying new ones is the springs inside the arms aren't worn out and probably hold the blade tighter to the glass.

I found that rust-oleum paint works really well to match the factory flat black that's on there. That's what I used to repaint the metal that was starting to rust under the windshield and on the passenger doors. Can't tell a difference

I used black engine paint on my old blazer's wiper arms and it was great...although I've found that the black bumper coating they sell at wal-mart is a great match and is pretty durable

• 2 weeks later...

I found that rust-oleum paint works really well to match the factory flat black that's on there. That's what I used to repaint the metal that was starting to rust under the windshield and on the passenger doors. Can't tell a difference

I agree in that it should match the flat black of the originals.... I wouldn't clear coat it or wetsand it..... I would find the most durable flat black (most likely a high heat EPOXY paint) and just smooth out the old paint and respray them a good 2 or 3 coats.

And come to think about it.... I always see the W's with the paint off the wiper arms but they are never rusty.... just clean bright metal. I think they may even be at least an alloy of stainless steel so the paint is more of a aestetic thing. I always like to match factory appearance if I can.

Cheap ol' Wal-Mart ColorPlace Rust Control satin black matches very well, needs no primer, and sticks to bare metal surprisingly well.

I painted the metal cowl plate on the TGP with it. I need to do the vert as well. For some reason, the paint on those cowl plates seem to disintegrate in spots.