Leather vs. Cloth

97loudcut

What do you prefer?  

1. 1. What do you prefer?

It depends. My buddy has a 97 GP 3.8 and it has leather seats and they suck. They didn't hold up to well. I like the cloth in my car, but it's been so long lol I've had seat covers on it for a long time.

Guest TurboSedan

all of my cars have leather, but overall i like cloth better.

Cutlass - i should have kept the cloth buckets! the leather seats are one of the things i really hate about the car right now

Regal - very low quality leather - i think i'd rather have cloth. it's comfortable and looks good but i don't think it will wear very well

Lebaron - wayyy nicer leather than what is in my W-bodies and very comfortable

Cutlass - i should have kept the cloth buckets! the leather seats are one of the things i really hate about the car right now

dark graphite or tan? want to trade?

I hate how leather detoriorates with lack of care.

I hated the leather in my saab

I like all the gen 1 leather seats,

I like the 95+ monte carlo seats

I HATE the 95+ lumina leather seats... plain as hell! style inspired my granite tombstones!

I haven't really sat in them, but the 97+gp seats (which appear identcal to those in a 95 eldorado, or maybe they were GP seats in the eldo...it had Olds 98 rims too) look ok to me. At least they are not plain.

i got "leather" in my class and you can tell its not the real thing...my old man has real leather in his denali and it isnt bad in the summer..but the leather in the cutty sucks and thats why im moving onto cloth

the leather in Chris' acura feels really nice, but on the same token it also feels like it would be punctured a lot easier (wether or not it really is is probably a different story)

Has the same leather on the door. Believe me, that stuff doesn't puncture easy!

i got "leather" in my class and you can tell its not the real thing...my old man has real leather in his denali and it isnt bad in the summer..but the leather in the cutty sucks and thats why im moving onto cloth

always looking for scraps. let me know if you ever pitch the leather... and what color cloth are you looking for?

always looking for scraps. let me know if you ever pitch the leather... and what color cloth are you looking for?

im looking for black if i eber do change it but..does anybody know how much it would cost roughly how much it would cost to get like me seats and all that trim releathered?..cuz if my car doesnt sell by winter im jus gonna go custom in it and try and trick it for the upcoming summer

The "leather" in my car makes my back all sweaty when its hot out, and its cold as hell in the mornings, if only the older intrigues couldve came with heated seats :sad:oh well. Does that happen to anyone else? or is it just me lol

the leather in Chris' acura feels really nice, but on the same token it also feels like it would be punctured a lot easier (wether or not it really is is probably a different story)

The "tight" leather in the Caddys, and higher end GM models I don't see damaged too often in used cars. It's more the Regals/GPs and cheaper leather that does....

im looking for black if i eber do change it but..does anybody know how much it would cost roughly how much it would cost to get like me seats and all that trim releathered?..cuz if my car doesnt sell by winter im jus gonna go custom in it and try and trick it for the upcoming summer

well I might be able to come up with graphite cloth sedan seats, if you might consider a trade.

well I might be able to come up with graphite cloth sedan seats, if you might consider a trade.

lol well if ti is to much to get my seats reupholstered with true leather then i might be hitting you up for that interior

I love the leather I put in the GP, from a Cutty 4dr. I like cloth too, though, it feels more like something you can relax in. In leather, I always know I'm riding in a car. On my old cloth seats, I felt just completely comfortable.

I agree, 97+ leather sucks... I will probably still get leather if I ever get one though. :lol:

If you get a chance, check out Subaru's leather in the newer cars (05+)... it's nice.