Leather vs. Cloth

97loudcut

What do you prefer?  

1. 1. What do you prefer?

Personally I prefer leather. I will agree that cloth is nice to have on a super hot day.

I like leather because it makes the cars appearence look x100 classier and you cannot stain it (or stains come out easily)

Believe it or not..as long as it isn't 90 degrees outside, I find leather more comfortable.

I love leather, dont get me wrong. But cloth is just more freindly. Cooler to sit on in the summer, not so chilling in the winter. Dont have to listen to my wife complain her thighs are sticking to the seat. True leather is easier to clean. Cloth is just more plush to me when dont properly.

I love my higher quality leather. Unfortunately it wasn't taken care of by the previous owner, so a few of the bolster's need replaced.

After having leather in my Z34, and having leather in my Acura, I will pretty much always have leather.

I love leather, dont get me wrong. But cloth is just more freindly. Cooler to sit on in the summer, not so chilling in the winter. Dont have to listen to my wife complain her thighs are sticking to the seat. True leather is easier to clean. Cloth is just more plush to me when dont properly.

X2

I prefer leather. My seats never get hot in the summer, even the leather steering wheel never gets hot like my old one. My back sweats more with leather, but that might be because I dont have A/C right now.

Depends.

If I had a 2nd gen Grand Prix (97-03 anyways) I'd rather have cloth than the leather. I just find it's kinda cheap.

Leather seats in a CTS on the otherhand, I could sit on all day long... damn they are nice.

2nd Gen GP leather is SHIT. While I LOVE the look of leather, for a DD I like cloth. If I had a show/non daily car, it'd have leather.

I agree with CBAD on this...2nd Gen leather sucks.

My buddy had a '93 Cutlass with leather and then got a 97 GTP. The leather in the GP is nowhere near as soft, smooth, suportive, or padded as well as his '93 was. Seriously, not comfortable IMO.

I hate my leather...

Right now its not bad because we are between summer and winter... in the summer if burns you, in the winter its like sitting on a wooden board.

I've already taken out the leather bench seat in the rear of my car in favor of 2 cloth buckets. The front seats will follow suit as soon as I can find some AQ9s and some decent covers to fit them (or the cash to get them recovered)

If Q-ball gets off his ass and gets me some foam, the leather on the side interior panels will be going shortly in favor of velvet. (Jason has to get me foam for underneither the velvet, in exchange, I'm giving him the leather peices)

The only reason I like the leather... resale value of my car is up there with it, on the other hand I am driving a W-body, resale value shouldn't really be on my mind I suppose...

Jamie

ibve had leather now in my taurus and now my regal and i love it when i had my camry for a shrot time i hated the setas soo much b/c they were cloth and my isuzu trooper had the most uncomfortable cloth seats ever as well as my neon

i didnt mind having the cloth bench in my g150 tho but thats a truck they dont really have leather options like a car

i know trucks do have leather but its less common

I really don't like leather at all....seat warmers or not, it plain sucks in winter IMO...I'll take cloth over leather any day....though lately cloth is a "base" option and it's gotta be the cheapest shit stuff I've ever seen....the 17 year old cloth in my Lumina is nicer then some of the new cars with cloth interior (Ford fusion) lol

i like cloth better.... but overall it depends on the leather.... i hate that leather looks creased and sloppy after being worn and i hate how hot/cold it is depending on the whether.... but they came out w/ a different grain of leather in some of the newer cars which doesnt seem lik it'd hav the same problems to me and i actually find it quite comfortable

FWIW: The leather in my mom's '03 Bonneville and my dads '05 Envoy SLT are both VERY nice and really don't have the huge temp changes like some of the cheap ass shit they use in the 2nd Gen Prix's. I'd LOVE to get a pair of seats from a bonneville and get them in the Prix, but it's really not *that* important to me...lol

I like leather. Partly because of the look how you can slide on it and the slightly more oooo factor. Cloth is nice, but one thing I hate about cloth is, in winter when it's dry the static charge you get from them sucks. You always have to make sure you're holding onto metal when you're getting out of the car.

but one thing I hate about cloth is, in winter when it's dry the static charge you get from them sucks. You always have to make sure you're holding onto metal when you're getting out of the car.

:werd: I hate that too