look what i started tonight: UPDATE AT TOP

Psych0matt

IMG_0097.jpg

IMG_0098.jpg

I don't think I'll go for the mirror polished look, but definitely wanted to clean it up. that's about all i could do til the cordless drill started dying. I'll probably work on the rest this week sometime hopefully

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

please tell me when you were doing it you had the oil cap on!!!

I tried doing that with my valve covers for my 3100 and got sick of trying to make it look real good so i just busted out the aluminum engine paint

I did it with the valve cover off, I just took the picture after I put it back on, and I hadnt put the cap on yet. I'm not that dumb! (usually :lol:)

I'm half tempted just to do the top the same as that bottom, and leave the middle and sides crappy still :willynilly:

I think it looks good so far. When I did my intakes and valve covers, I did it with em off when I was doing the LIM gasket. I think they look good too, although Ive never posted pictures.

I think you really need a cover on the exhaust manifold though, it would looo much better! IMHO

:lol: yeah, I'm hoping my dad didnt toss my spares. I suppose If i would have actually put them away instead of randomly in the garage! i was going to tear the old block down and see the damage, but he said he got rid of that (which is why im wondering about my other stuff)

go oneline and look up 200 mph, it is a polish that i use. I was screwing around in the garage and started jessicas tC cam cover and it is turning out great with just the polish, no sanding at all, but hers is not painted. Get a mini buffing wheel for your drill and that polish and your set!