Why is my car running rich!?

90TGP

For some GD reason, my car is still running rich. There's black crap all in my exhaust tips.

I just had my spark plugs changed last year, had new Taylor wires installed last year, just had MSD coils installed last month. Do I have to replace that damn coil module?

do you have any black smoke at idle/or under acceleration? All of my cars have black crud build up on the tips(even my stock 01 GTP), my cars without cats get black residue on the tips quicker though...guess more carbon or whatever exits without the cat restricting it.

if your running super rich and you have a stock X-over it most likely why. the Flex leaks and sucks in fresh air. then the O2 reads the fresh air and thinks the motor is leaner then it actually is then adds fuel to compensate for the additional air. and walla Rich.

RedZ

• 3 weeks later...

i can almost garuntee you that its the cross over pipe. mine does the exact same thing. black exhaust tips, messed up iddle. you should check for the signs of the crack first. black sud where the two plates on it are soldered together. if its a stock pipe its cracked.