IT IS! It's a pacecar replica in the J/Y (Pics in first post)

Crazy K

that's really cool you found that. Some people really want to find that, lol. And in my '88 Supreme sales brochure, that bumper COULD be ordered on any model. It showed a base, SL, and Intl with that bumper slapped on. I don't know who all ordered that though.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crazy K

• Euro

• ToroToro

• IRONDOG442

ditto! I want to buy an 1988 brochure off of e-bay, but can you come up with any more info?

FUN FACT: inside the bumper is written 3 - 3 - 88 V6 maybe the foglights were only on v6 models, as two of the cars in the previously linked pics were quad4's and had no holes!

I already won a 90 brochure, whne it comes in, since they speak of the 90' preview, I'll see what it says.

Again, the two tone is part of the international cladding. I want to paint or acquire the rest of the cladding to match.

this is my goal, i want the body coloring to be the same, plus the red pinstripe, but not the pacecar markings.

88%20Pace%20Car%20Shoot%20015B.jpg

from

http://mypacecar.net/photo.htm

basically, and I want the rare international red and black combo interior. but altered to match a bit closer to the actual pace car. I've got most of the parts!

88paceint.jpg

1988Pacecar4.JPG

and of course, pace car rims!!!

Wow, great find, Ken! I have never seen that bumper on anything other than black and dark gray CS, so I assumed they were Pace Car replicas with the decals missing. As far as the real replicas go, they just had the gray quad buckets and nothing special other than the bumper and many had HUD (only 88's to get the HUD as I recall). Same goes for the verts. None of the replicas got the black leather w/red piping like the real pace cars got.

That bumper looks great from the front, but I personally wouldn't want it because from the side (like the pic above) it just looks waaaay toooo loooong as though it were modeled after Jay Leno. Maybe if it were shortened 3" or so it wouldn't look so long.

Ken, I've been offline for days and this made my day! Way to go on the score, I totally think you need to go back and cop the VIN number though. I am excited to one day visit the "CrazyK Cutlass Supreme Memorial Museum"...and gift shop. :lol:

I am excited to one day visit the "CrazyK Cutlass Supreme Memorial Museum"...and gift shop. :lol:

:lol: I love it man :D

I would love to learn how to make molded replicas of the bumper. time to hit the internet up for info.

And another good detail on the bumper, it is identical to the regular one from one inch below the two tone line at the inset crease and up

NOBODY jumped in on this statement by me:

inside the bumper is written 3 - 3 - 88 V6 maybe the foglights were only on v6 models, as two of the cars in the previously ]

a 4 page crazy K thread with the title in CAPS :willynilly:

RAZZ!

Ye who would trade a gorgeous 97 CS coupe for a ford..... I only have one word in caps besides I :P

edit: chilled :lol: no offense intended.

a 4 page crazy K thread with the title in CAPS :willynilly:

RAZZ!

Ye who would trade a gorgeous 97 CS coupe for a ford..... I have one word in caps besides I :P

chill, he hasn't traded it yet.

I am excited to one day visit the "CrazyK Cutlass Supreme Memorial Museum"...and gift shop. :lol:

No kidding! He's always got some goodie for me when he visits! Whether it's trim pieces or DIC's... of course I bought the DIC, but hey.. goodies is goodies!