IT IS! It's a pacecar replica in the J/Y (Pics in first post)

Crazy K

HOLYMOTHDERFINGBBQSAUCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can it be???????? DID I FIND A PACECAR REPLICA???????

P1050743.jpg

1988CSpacecarCoupe1.jpg

1988CSpacecarCoupe2.jpg

1988CSpacecarCoupe3.jpg

1988CSpacecarCoupe4.jpg

1988CSpacecarCoupe5.jpg

1988CSpacecarCoupe6.jpg

1988CSpacecarCoupe7.jpg

1988CSpacecarCoupe13.jpg

the car Appears to be a 1988 international, black with gray lower body mouldings/grdfx, and the know replica gray cloth interior. It has the airdam front bumper.

sadly, the car is smashed on the left side, but possilbly a new door, fender, and a quality rear quarter panel replacement would fix it. as well as total suspension rebuild.

it has the international symbols on the hood, the round one on the trunk lid, the one on the instrument cluster bezel on the far left, and on each door.

The car has been repainted in some areas and has no outward pacecar badging that I observed that i can speak of, except for the small badge on the right rear. But it did have a lower red pinstripe on the body to moulding line. the same as I see in the mypacecar.net photos. the car has the UB3 cluster, but no HUD. research has since proved that only the convertibles had the HUD.

http://mypacecar.net/photo.htm

see the pinstipe, etc....

THe J/Y car has the international symbols on the hood, the round one around the key on the trunk lid, the ones on the doors, and one on the instrument cluster bezel on the far left. I was perplexed as to what it was while looking at it. I was thinking it might be a normal international with a swapped front bumper, or maybe the bumper was not as rare as i thought. when i got home and looked up the mypacecar.net image I freaked! I need more info about the CS SX which may have been an option for the cars to get the airdam bumper.

It had (I bought it) the front scope type front bumper, but the fog light holes are recessed but solid at the back, unlike known convertibles

BTW I got the bumper for $50!!!!!! this to go with some authentic $50 pacecar rims I got last week!!!!!

OMG!!!!! :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crazy K

• Euro

• ToroToro

• IRONDOG442

Yeah, I spewed in my pants! :lol:

I am intesrested in the possibility of creating replica front bumpers. makeing a mold and laying out fiberglass of whatever to get it done. any thoughts?

most anyone on this board, myself included, would have a hard time paying alot for a front bumper cover, new or not. and to offset the tooling costs of making a replica woulden't be worth it by a long shot.

however you still have that 91' convertable? i'd make that car a full out pace car replica... replica

most anyone on this board, myself included, would have a hard time paying alot for a front bumper cover, new or not. and to offset the tooling costs of making a replica woulden't be worth it by a long shot.

however you still have that 91' convertable? i'd make that car a full out pace car replica... replica

inherently, you are right. It will be a cold day in hell before I get something like that done... but I also know how hard it will be to replace if anything were to ever happen to it.

If i can learn how, someday i will try.

I want an unmarked replica, kind of how that J/Y car looked, clean, no words on the side, but the small pacecar type badging would look good. But with the actualy pacecar type interior, red and black, with leather. After-all a replica of a replica won;t be worth much... I'm thinking of a few certein D.E. edition lumina frauds we've seen. so no value exists in originallity. but i can make a commemorative pacecar vert :D

I see a familiar toolbox... :lol:

back off my cosmo case, beotch! *SLAP!*

pace car specific? not really. I might go looka and buy as much of the body cladding, as well as the rear bumper as I can. I already have REAL pacecar rims.

is it here in NE ohio? cause one got sold on the budget lot up the street and i know there were not many of them made. but yeah thats a pace car replica.

nope. it is at westside auto III in indianapolis indiana.

Psychomatts right. I am a drifter. :lol:

anone have any further idea, as to how rare this bumper actually is?

Well, going by the specs on the main page.. 200 coupes, 50 verts, and 5 actual pace cars.. and most of them are probably destroyed. If you go back, make note of the VIN..

My pace car booklet says that is the special pace car bumper. It was not available on any other cutlass. It is very rare, but honestly, I think it's ugly and doesn't really match the "lines" of the rest of the car.

I seem to remember another member here finding one awhile back too. Dont remember who though.

My pace car booklet says that is the special pace car bumper. It was not available on any other cutlass. It is very rare, but honestly, I think it's ugly and doesn't really match the "lines" of the rest of the car.

I seem to remember another member here finding one awhile back too. Dont remember who though.

about this pacecar bumper... I know it was used beyond the pacecars. It was used on Gm's special projects, such as the 200mph olds in an article that surfaces every once in a while. and there is a pic of an unknown prototype CS with the same nbumper, which is in black and white.

anyone have links? I searched but did not find.