3.4 Vert STB

97loudcut

Thats a pic of the 3.1 STB, he is asking about the 3.4 DOHC bar. But either way, it will still fit, it will just be shaped diferent then the one in the pic.

lol...the car is gonna implode without the STB...:willynilly:

dude! I think thats dangerous to not have it... I feel alot of shiftyness from the front of my vert and i think that bar is critical for safety!!!!!!! I know you might want one but this girl really needs it more.

lol...the car is gonna implode without the STB...:willynilly:

dude! I think thats dangerous to not have it... I feel alot of shiftyness from the front of my vert and i think that bar is critical for safety!!!!!!! I know you might want one but this girl really needs it more.

plz tell me your kidding

na it wont fuck her car up, it just wont feel as rigid. It will be fine.

I think it will it will make the car act sloppy. I really do.

Since the vert lacks a roof which would act to stabilize a normal car, the vert needs the bar dueto it's lack of roof. Without it, it will probably flex suffer strut tower, not to mention body flex. I would not be suprized it the fenders and hood come in contact during harder turns. additionally, it will probably wander like crazy all over the road. Thats why I shot the Lumina dead. Don't do it unless the car is being junked. Besides, you'll be in deep shit if your removal of the bar results in an unsafe car and she wrecks it!

i'm tempted to agree with ken here, its not like GM to go out of their way to spend money on unneeded things, so i'd figgure on a vert, that bar is there for a reason.

i have seen STB's on bonivilles although they are not a direct swap, you can cut the center bar so it fits. dont remember 100% of the brackets if they match, but they too can have new holes drilled in them.

i have seen STB's on bonivilles although they are not a direct swap, you can cut the center bar so it fits. dont remember 100% of the brackets if they match, but they too can have new holes drilled in them.

all the big (year?) bonnevilles, olds 88/98s and le sabres have the bar you mention... Tony 5speedz34 uses one as a breaker bar. I looked, I suppose you could fab one if you were creative.

fwiw, I had to get rid of mine when I bagged my car and my car does fine without it. Granted I am on air, but my car still handles very well. I don't notice anymore flex in mine than my Father-in-law's vert.

my $.02

Sean