Need Ideas

19Cutlass94

Ok so Ive got two infinity 1230's sitting in my room right now that arnt being used, and there basically brand new, been used for a month. So since I have these two subs just chillin in my room, what should I do with them? Maybe 4 12"s in the trunk? Home Audio project? Im throwing this out there and I wanna see what you guys come up with. I really wanna use these subs but I just dont know in which manner I should use them.

I would consider doing a home theater setup for them. Get a nice sized low tuned ported box and then picj up a nice plate amplifier from Partsexpress.

Or maybe ebay em.

Ebay is not an option, as I dont have an account with paypal or anything to deal with it. and to be honest I just dont want to. Ill have to look into building a wall. Does sound interesting. Gimme some time on this one.

The only thing about the home audio, I cant really have a good sized box, so would a small ported or even sealed work? I mean I have space, but just not that much.

If those are the subs i'm thinking about, don't they retail for like, ~$100 each? eBay 'em :biggrin:

These subs are the old style Infinity's. I got em for $60 each.

Unless you have a tiny room, I think a sealed box would SUCK for home theater. Although, I'm not sure with 2 x 12" sealed.. maybe that would be enough bass :dunno: IMO a home theater subwoofer needs to be ported, to put out the deepest bass possible for movies etc. If you are just using if for music or something it might work.

That really wouldnt bother me too awful much, but the thing about making a wall, hell yeah it would be sweet, but then like I said I loose the back seat, and Im sure it wouldnt sound as good either. I tink right now either a home audio project or putting these subs to use in someones car sounds good. I just cant afford another amp to power them. And neither can my electrical system, just ask, its hurtin.

4 subs is to much for a cutlass trunk they would almost cancel each other out

believe me my buddy has 4 directed and we tested out using 2 subs 3 subs and 4 subs (with diffrent amp variations cuz he has 2 2400 watt class d amps) and the 3 subs sounded the best.

you will rattle and sound like ass with 4 speakers.

wall would be sweet to see. just get some more batteries and shit. hell if you could afford that tste, you can afford this! then kick some ass at the db drags

I really wanna get my system metered that I have right now! Although I need a new alt before that can happen. Think of it as a baseline if you will. But the only problem is theres no real events around here that I would be able to compete in! Just maybe a couple local shows! But anyways once I get some free time I might mess around with this idea.

yeah the local shows, and i think boomer mcloud has like 2 a year. if you got to the point where you wanted to hit up bigger, more statewide shows they usually have a sound off as well