Headers for 1995 3100 Grand Prix

1995GrandprixRED2dr

Should I get Flowmaster, Borla, or Dynomax on my 1995 Grand Prix?  

1. 1. Should I get Flowmaster, Borla, or Dynomax on my 1995 Grand Prix?

• Flowmaster
    • Borla
    • Dynomax

Hey can anyone tell me where I can buy Headers pre made for my 1995 grand prix? Also can anyone suqqest where I can get a good cat for my exhaust i am gettin?And is flowmaster or dynomax better mufflers?

thx rob

Hate to burst your bubble as a newbie, but there are no commerical headers made for any of the Generation I W-Bodies. So have tried, other have looked far and wide and still no go.

However, you still can get a good exhaust system from the cat back. Invest in a straight through cat (perhaps CarSound, contact RedZMonte) and mandrel bent piping with the same size diameter (2.25"). As for muffler brands, it's basically up to you for sound quality. Many here have different opinions and wants on how their W-Body sounds... what are you looking for? A deep growl, quiet but better performance, or loud to scare away the ricers? Let us know...

- RedFox340

yeah, no headers available. get a good exhaust system if you have single oultet exhaust go to a y-pipe and good hi-flo cat or no cat at all, then some decent mufflers and good tips and your set

Robby

I have a 1995 Grand Prix with the B4U package, i think thats what that is with the ground effects and stuff. I want a deep sounds but not really loud loud so i get pulled over. Thx Rob

Then go with the split Y-Pipe with a couple of straight through Dynomax or Borla mufflers / tips. If it's too loud you can weld in a cherry bomb (glass pack or resinator) in the piping before the Y-Pipe.

- RedFox340

Thats what i had thought bout doin, but i want sure if i should take out the cat or not. What kind of tips look good and that wont rust on the 95 grand prixs?

Thats what i had thought bout doin, but i want sure if i should take out the cat or not. What kind of tips look good and that wont rust on the 95 grand prixs?

Depends on what you style you want... Type of finish isn't really necessary to last, taking care of them and properly cleaning them will make them last. Below: this is on my Cutlass. I like the quad circle tips.

http://redfox340.tripod.com/wbodyperformance/id3.html

[halfway down page... can't remotely display from Tripod]

- RedFox340

yeah, check my www link at the bottom to see my tips. Since you have a 95, I think there is an O2 after the cat, (correct me if Im wrong), so cutting the cat wouldnt work unless you got one of those sensors that fools the PCM to think the exhaust is within emissions. OR, just go with a hi-flo cat

Robby

Ok thanx guys. I think it is down to what type of muffler and what type of high flow cat i should get. I think i am gunna get flowmaster or dynomax exhaust. What are some good high flow cat that are out.

Ok thanx Robby, lol my name is Robbie too lol. Anyways thanx guys. I think i will go with one of his cats when i get the money and parts for my exhaust. Hard to do stuff at 17yrs of age and no job and still in school