License plate project

5speedz34

1000 is a bit too steep to buff out easily, but if you are re-clearing, it'll be perfect.

But yeah, you just get everything as wet as possible and use light pressure. With 1000 it's easy to go too deep so be careful.

I might just do 1500.

What should I buff with rubbing compound?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5speedz34

• J

• ToroToro

• 1990lumina

For small projects like that I use Turtle Wax rubbing compound, then Turtle Wax polishing compound. Works good and it's cheap. Just use a rag and some elbow grease.

Gotcha, I'll probably post pics up tommorow.

yeah...deffinatly looks like u put it on too dry...u really need to lay that shit on too get a nice smooth shine, u just gotta be careful not to lay on too much and have it run...lol

Well, I got some sand paper in 1000 1500 and 2000 grits. I also picked up this some reflective paint. It was on sale at Wal-Mart.

I'm going to finish this off hopefully tommorow.

http://www.rustoleum.com/product.asp?frm_product_id=647&SBL=1

^More info on it.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

if the clear is reflective and the letters are too won't that cancel each other out? You'll probably get a ticket for useing that shit bro.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I mean I don't want it to be to reflective. But seriously is a cop going to give me a ticket for a over reflective plate?

I figure worse case scenario use my other plate, or sand it back down.

The whole plates here are refective, but not that reflective. I dont think you can get a ticket for that though. Should help you beat traffic cams at least!

LOL, I don't know how many we have of those in Michigan. The lettering (the part thats white) is the only thing that is reflective.