• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5speedz34

• J

• ToroToro

• 1990lumina

yeah first time i saw those in NY i was like WTF... makes it easier to pick out what year a car is if its for sale. but i woulden't be able to stand it. hell my inspection sticker bothers me a little bit as is.

shit if i get my oil changed anywhere the damn sticker they use as a reminder is off and in the garbage before i put the car in drive to leave, wouldnt be able to stand a pair of stickers that size on my windshield, i would go insane, what is wrong with a sticker on the plate?

the worst part about the windshield is when you have to put the new stickers on, and if you dont do it right, you gotta pull the sticker off, in which half the time you ruin it, and you gotta try it again. You guys/gals with the windshield shit will know what Im talking about :lol:

But really, the stickers dont really get in the way at all. Least I dont think so.

shit if i get my oil changed anywhere the damn sticker they use as a reminder is off and in the garbage before i put the car in drive to leave, wouldnt be able to stand a pair of stickers that size on my windshield, i would go insane, what is wrong with a sticker on the plate?

people steal those stickers.......

wow...thats insane

um... i've NEVER EVER heard of a reg sticker getting stolen off a tag here in PA, and its not like those things come off easy either.

and hell michigans regristration stickers have the plate number on them so its not like they would do any potiential thief any good.

With the old stamped steel plates, the reg sticker was in the middle. 3-digits, sticker, 3-more digits.

When they switched to the new pastel-colored aluminum plates in the 90's, they moved the sticker to the bottom corner. Apparently people started stealing them by actually cutting off the corner of the plate! I would think it'd be easier to steal the whole plate, but whatever. Now they've moved the sticker back to the middle.

Anyhow, I guess they would take that corner home and carefully remove the sticker with a heat gun or hair dryer. I'm anal enough that every time I put on a new sticker, I use a heat gun and carefully pull off the old sticker before putting on the new one. I hate seeing a bunch of old stickers caked on top of each other.

Well with the lumina there is no way to take the plate out unless you bust shit in order to remove it. The registration is in the upper right and left hand corners. (month, then date)

um... i've NEVER EVER heard of a reg sticker getting stolen off a tag here in PA, and its not like those things come off easy either.

and hell michigans regristration stickers have the plate number on them so its not like they would do any potiential thief any good.

Well here in Texas we have a lot of illegals and they started stealing the stickers. 15 years ago we used to use the stickers on the plate still but not anymore......

hahaha my buddy parked is old car that was just registered for the year behind his auto repair shop he owns and someone cut the corner of the plate off with tin snips instead of TRYING to take the sticker!

Yeah, that is retarded.

I've still yet to paint mine because of the weather. (raining the past week here.)

Also, who thinks I should lightly sand the plate.

Pics? What do you mean by rough? Orange peel? If you used rustoleom, I would wait maybe a week, or at least a couple days before sanding it, or you are just going to rip the paint off. Maybe try hitting it with some 2000 grit and buff it out after it's ready. Cant go wrong doing that.

I don't want this to turn into 10 pages of mindless bullshit.

Pics as requested. I was hoping it would come out glossy but it really doesn't I think it needs to be wet-sanded.

Here are pics:

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

Yeah. Hit it with some 2000 and buff buff buff. It will look great after an hour's work!

Well, IIRC Kyle told me wet sand with some 1000 grit(is that just getting the surface wet and lightly sanding?), and then spraying sanding and buffing with rubbing compound.

1000 is a bit too steep to buff out easily, but if you are re-clearing, it'll be perfect.

But yeah, you just get everything as wet as possible and use light pressure. With 1000 it's easy to go too deep so be careful.