How much heat...

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

How much heat does the oil return line have to take? I bought some hydraulic hose and can't get it to push on the turbo cause of the steel core in the hose. I went to another place today and found low pressure hose that doesn't have the steel core but it says it's only rated up to 207*.

well if your Running a 160 Chip that should work but I would not go with under 250 Hose I would say Unless you have a after market cooler and chip...

The hose I sell with my pipes is rated at 350+ degrees. High-Temp (no kidding) Silicone hose with braided (nylon cord) center and braided Silicone impregnated cloth exterior, pure silicone smooth inside/liner. It costs a little more ($15 a foot) but no questions on it taking the heat and use with oil, no pressure from the turbo drain but more than strong enough for any.

Jeff M

Guest Anonymous

Jim told me I'd be ok using this hose. If for some reason it doesn't work out, I'll be getting some of that hose from you Jeff.

I try to keep it stocked, been getting bombed with pipe and chip orders so been ordering lots of this stuff, its a bit $$ per foot compared to most hose but $15 is not that much for a part that will ensure the turbo oil seals do not blow out sometime.

I WANT YOUR BODY, well your white GP body that is, looks too clean, much better than mine, and of course mine is peeling like a sun burn, someday going to have to strip it and fix it, saw a (I know) Hyundi Snota with a sweet looking pearl white, not a piss-poor looking way-off-white pearl like some of the late 90s Caddies but a nearly pure white with a vividness that really looked high quality, maybe a little more pearl color of blue tossed in, but that is low priority with everything else going on :) .

Jeff M

Guest Anonymous

If you saw my white G.P. up close you wouldn't say that. There is paint peeling on the roof, hood and rear window pillars. Halk of the spots that are peeling have white housepaint on them. I freaking hate when people do crap like that. :evil: It's getting painted soon though. Same color white with pearl white ghost flames. :yikes: :peace: