Can this be fixed easy? (fender)

sl3196

Just got a pm back from the guy I bought it from. He was even pissed cause it was perfect when he sent it out. He also said it was $155 to ship! I only paid $65 for it total. So how do I go about filing a claim with ups? (never done it before)

I believe that the person who shipped the item has to contact them to file the claim.

That sounds right. I bought two doors and a fender for the cavalier that got messed up in shipping, and the guy i bought them from stopped answering me when i told them they were messed up. i guess he thought i was mad at him or something, all I wanted was him to sign over the rights to me for the claim or whatever needed to be done

If you signed for it your SOL..... hope the body shop is a good one and can fix that crease not likely though.

Creases in Metal are very hard to get out.

Nope they just left it at my door.

Mine has been doing that too but the last 4 packages i got in were suppose to be signed for.....wtf?

Is ups hiring hispanics to do everything now?

I bet your SOL still i don't know but thats what i think........(I worked at UPS for 3.5years I hate dealing with ups now)

As long as you had insurance (which I'm sure you would for a big item like that) then you definatly gotta be able to get some money back from fuckin' UPS.

that crease fucked that fender. try to get a new one. Hell a hour on the phone is better than a paying for a new fender

thats what i said... that crease ain't coming out......

u deffinatly need one without a crease...of course, is that below the cladding though>?...body shop may be able to bend it back and feather it out and if it was covered by cladding i wouldnt be too worried about it...i'd deffinatly try to get UPS to pay for that though...

First off, if the guy you bought it from is good on the phone there will be no problem with getting UPS to pay for that. Whomever said that if you signed for it your SOL, thats total bullshit.

Secondly, lets hope next time UPS doesn't fuck it up.

thats the way it worked at the ups I worked at when you sign for a package without checking it you are out of luck...... most people ended up getting the money if they threatened a lawsuit.

thats the way it worked at the ups I worked at when you sign for a package without checking it you are out of luck...... most people ended up getting the money if they threatened a lawsuit.

I can understand that, but I know from experience that UPS is typically pretty good with refunding if something gets damaged, and I'm talking about tooling with a value of over $10,000.....I'd imagine that this fender might have cost a few hundred?

I can understand that, but I know from experience that UPS is typically pretty good with refunding if something gets damaged, and I'm talking about tooling with a value of over $10,000.....I'd imagine that this fender might have cost a few hundred?

oh that doesn't matter to ups at least my local hub at least..... they beat the shit out of any box marked fragile just for the fucking hell of it. Then they don't pay for it when it arrives busted......