Best Pioneer speakers to get?

Q-Ball

All looks good, except I would just go with a simple set of 2 ways for the rear fill. A 3 way is a bit overkill.

:werd:

My Infinity Reference 6x9s are only 2-way... they sounded almost as good as the 3-way in the store, IN the car however, they sound just fine... they truely are just filler, the front is where is matters.

Well Pioneer is alright...

But there is more and better out there. For both less and more...

My buddy had that ultra large 12" Piooner SPL sub...

12premier.jpg

There it is... I built that box BTW. See what that sub/box did to that POOR Jeeps back window...

:lol:

Well Pioneer is alright...

But there is more and better out there. For both less and more...

My buddy had that ultra large 12" Piooner SPL sub...

12premier.jpg

There it is... I built that box BTW. See what that sub/box did to that POOR Jeeps back window...

:lol:

Holy shit!!!

I gotta build myself a good box. I know my sub is designed for a sealed box, but I'm sure I could tune it to sound good in a ported box and put out alot more volume!

those pioneer subs hit nice and low. I have been checking them out lately. from what I know about the old impp's they can take some SERIOUS abuse, but they bottomed out pretty easy. they probably got some good excursion nowadays though.

wish they would give more specs on their subs. what the hell does 4 layer long voice coil mean? If they werent so secretive they might get an 8, but Im going to give them a 7 out of 10.

Well given a proper box it can hold a decent amount of SQ.

What people FAIL to understand is that a significant portion of output is in the box. If you build a low tuned ported box it will have decent level of SQL. Higher tuned ported= more SPL oriented. Sealed is very good for SQ.

So take the Pioneer sub and you can have an easy 3 scenario's right there ;)

Indeed. I have a tuned 30Hz box, but the subs still have great SQL, ( although would be better sealed like you said ) Sealed is meant for SQL.

The box means almost everything in a subwoofer install, just depends on what you want.

Well if your intent on Pioneer let me offer up this age old saying:

You get what you pay for!

So if your looking at that $10 set vs that $1000 set, which one do you think is better overall?

The install is a very big part in how they sound!

But for that $180.00 for that Pioneer comp set, you can get much better quality for that price.

I saw a set of Alpine 6.5 components for $220 CND... I would have got them but they don't fit in my doors so I went with Infinity instead. I really liked how the Alpine sounded... and they look super cool.