fixing a busted tail light?

88Regal Limited

p10100665bm.th.jpg

p10100675sv.th.jpg

I was wondering if I could fix it. It just has to light up red and be flat. I'm going to krylon these black tinted so I need t know your oppinions.

Cheers, 88regal limited. :cheers:

i actually have to agree with james here :willynilly: ( :razz: )

Yea, i don't know of too many ways that would make it look good in means of repairing it. If you were just gonna get it inspected, heck yea, tape that mofo. But for doing tinting over it, You could easily make it look good fixing it then puttin tint on it, but once it lit up, you'd see the lines :neutral:

Why not just head to the salvage yard and buy a new tail light..

:werd: Why go through all that work for a piece that's probably readily available consdering the vintage of your car?

i actually have to agree with james here :willynilly: ( :razz: )

Yea, i don't know of too many ways that would make it look good in means of repairing it. If you were just gonna get it inspected, heck yea, tape that mofo. But for doing tinting over it, You could easily make it look good fixing it then puttin tint on it, but once it lit up, you'd see the lines :neutral:

Are you allowed to do that for inspection over there? I know out here if you expect a broken taillight with red tape to pass inspection, they bring the car to a recycling center, crush it, and give you a receipt with "try again" on the back. :)

Wonder if that repair job would work on lip spoiler tail lights prolly would......

see now that is the type of light I would consider trying to repair a chip on.....one that isn't easily and cheaply found

I think that stuff would work great on a smaller hole but the one you've got looks pretty large. I think that the time it would take to fix that the way you'd want it to look would be better spent finding one in a salvage place and putting it on. How much would it suck to go through all the trouble to "fix" the old one, only to find out it looked like crap to ya...and you went and bought another one anyway? :idea: