Would this work???

FordBoy

I have a 1989 cutty 2.8l. In the tranny i think i have a broken c clip that holds the cv shaft in on the driver side. a friend has a 1990/91(not sure) witha a dead tranny but the clips are still good. Would they fitin my tranny?

P.S. It is sranded at a abandoned house now cause the shaft wont hold itself in anymore? This sucks fucking ass!! :cussing:

It sounds like you are better off just dropping your tranny, and either putting in a salvage yard one, or a rebuilt one. Cause either way you are going to have to drop the tranny, and instead of dropping 2 trannys to tear apart one in hopes that it will fix the problem...

The axle i have is good but the clip is shot. I changed the axle a few months ago. It would back out little by little i thought nothing of it. "Just push it back in and its good to go". Not the case now it wont stay in at all!! Im taking it all apart today to see if it broke anything else. I dont the it did but the tow home the shaft teeth grinded on teh tranny teeth. :evil: Not good i hope it didnt chip or rip a tooth of the gear!! :damnit1: :cussing: :motz2: :gr_mad: :bash: :bawling1: