7 EQ vs. basic treb/bass stereo

stevegasm

For some wierd reason my '01 GP has the basic treble/bass controls on the stereo, instead of the 7 EQ stereo (which I think was part of the Bose option). I was just wondering, is there a difference in sound? Right now, there's a noticeable lack of treble, even when turned all the way up, on FM stations vs a CD. (It could be the stations themselves as well however) Would it be worth grabbing one off eBay for $100? I'm assuming the connections would all be the same, since its basically the same stereo.

The 7 band EQ was not part of the Bose option, they only recieved the basic stereo such as yours.

You can upgrade to the 7 band EQ which will improve your sound quality over the standard Bose deck. The connections are the same, no modifications needed.

Excellent. Thank's a bunch :D

I was also wondering: there's a couple Monsoon decks on eBay, are they any different from the rest of them? Or is the only difference is they just say "Monsoon" on the front?

Excellent. Thank's a bunch :D

I was also wondering: there's a couple Monsoon decks on eBay, are they any different from the rest of them? Or is the only difference is they just say "Monsoon" on the front?

I believe Monsoon decks only came in Grand Ams, but I'm not completely sure.

The Monsoon decks were also available in Firebirds/Trans Ams, it's exactly the same formfactor and appears to be the same connections as the basic Delco decks.

Like this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8071575619&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

It *says* it will fit all Pontiacs '96 through '02, but I wanted to make sure.

No, they were in Firebirds and later Bonnevilles too. I'm pretty sure you can use a Monsoon radio in a non-Monsoon car. The Monsoon system just added the extra "piggy-back" amps, much like the premium audio in the GPs and Cuttys. It isn't like the Bose, where the HU just sends SIGNALS to the mini amps.

No, they were in Firebirds and later Bonnevilles too. I'm pretty sure you can use a Monsoon radio in a non-Monsoon car. The Monsoon system just added the extra "piggy-back" amps, much like the premium audio in the GPs and Cuttys. It isn't like the Bose, where the HU just sends SIGNALS to the mini amps.

The Bonneville never got the Trans Am Monsoon radio. Ever.