wynn transmission flush

2CUTTYS

I was going to change my tranny fuild today but remembered i had a free transmission flush coupon i got for my bday from my uncle. The shop that does it uses Wynn tranny flush . Has anyone every had this done and i was reading when they do flushes most times they dont change filter. It s free but is it a good ideal ?

I would get it changed BEFORE the flush.....right before the flush.....like, change it, dump 4 quarts of ATF in, hook up the flush machine, and then flush it. You will get much more fluid replaced.

Also, ask them to not use the two bottle Wynn's additive when they flush it. ATF has plenty of detergant in it.

Yeah I agree -- unless the fluid has oxidized badly (ie: is dark, not red), any chemical flushes or additives should be completely unnecessary and perhaps even detrimental.

Make sure they use Dexron III-H or higher spec transmission fluid. The -H spec implies that it is a synthetic blend, which should give you longer fluid life and better long-term viscosity retention.

I replaced the filter in my car just recently. I don't think it had ever been done before. It has 85500 miles on it. The fluid was fairly dark in the pan, but when I pull the dipstick (now, after the filter replacement) it looks mostly clear with a hint of red and a hint of brown. Do I need to be worried?

Well got the back from its FREE transmission flush and what a big difference. My son seems to think the car is a little quicker but all I noticed was it shift alot smoother. Plus he(the mechanic) saw that we had a filter and gasket kit for the transmission sitting in back seat and put it in FOR FREE.Then he noticed that we was installing a led light under the hood and finished the rest it wiring for us.(FOR FREE) My son was very happy about the filter being changedt,because today its 91 outside and he really didnt want to change the filter today .