article: wax (Carnauba) vs. sealants (synthetic wax)

THe_DeTAiL3R

I read this and thought it was a good read on the difference between waxes, and the history behind them.

http://autopia-carcare.com/inf-wax.html

heres another one I came across, "Are You Over Polishing Your Paint?". This may be good to read for some people who use those "3-step" systems ALL the time....

http://www.guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=57

In the detail shop I work in, unless the customer specifically requests a carnuba wax only, we use a polymer paint sealant as our final step (after any needed compounding/polishing). The results we see with the sealant are amazing, especially on cars that had faded body panels. :)

Yup, we also use a paint sealant on cars that are sold at the dealership (if the customer buys it). I'm not sure on the company but I think it's similar stuff to Pro-tech which we used before. On used cars I polish I sometimes use sealant, or just Carbrite competition glaze...(which is also nice to use as a quick 1 step buff/wax on cars that are a little faded).

Heres the paint sealant we use... (with the results right on the picture.. my roof ;))

paintsealant.jpg

I love how synthetic wax (sealant) is SO EASY to apply!!! It dries in like 2min!

Yup, we also use a paint sealant on cars that are sold at the dealership (if the customer buys it). I'm not sure on the company but I think it's similar stuff to Pro-tech which we used before. On used cars I polish I sometimes use sealant, or just Carbrite competition glaze...(which is also nice to use as a quick 1 step buff/wax on cars that are a little faded).

Heres the paint sealant we use... (with the results right on the picture.. my roof ;))

paintsealant.jpg

I love how synthetic wax (sealant) is SO EASY to apply!!! It dries in like 2min!

I'm pretty sure the Meg's NTX Tech Wax I use now is all synthetic too....and damn it blows my Mother's Carbuna wax away for slipperyness and longievity...also shines better, and like you said Dave, it drys in no time...and doesn't have any residue when removing