• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luminal67

• fastbird232

• patgizz

• dbtk2

Ok, out of curiosity..... What car(s) is the L67 from? I am assuming a GTP.

Find one from a W-body, the mounts are the same already. An L67 from a different car will work, but you will need to find mounts for a W-body.

Here is a question though... Swap tips and instructions would be helpfull. I am sure there is a link somewhere that if I looked I would find. But what about the trans? Do I need to change it too?

L67swap.com will give you all the information you will need.

You will need the trans. It may be possible to still use your old one but it would take alot of work to make it work. Plus it won't hold up for long.

And '04+ Monte Carlo SS & Impala SS

Those were the Series III Supercharged, weren't they?

No sir. The only car that got the Series III supercharged was the GP. Everything else still got Series II.

Our '04 MC SS is definately a Series II.

Ok, out of curiosity..... What car(s) is the L67 from? I am assuming a GTP. I will have to see if I can find one. It turns out that my belt was missing about five inches of teeth. This was caused by my tension actuator's back mount snapping. I tried using some heavy duty epoxy, but I have a feeling it won't work. So I am gonna see if I can't find the engine.

where are you from?

And '04+ Monte Carlo SS & Impala SS

Those were the Series III Supercharged, weren't they?

No sir. The only car that got the Series III supercharged was the GP. Everything else still got Series II.

Our '04 MC SS is definately a Series II.

Ahh. That's odd, though.

the term first gen pisses me off something bad, what's so hard about FIRST AND SECOND GEN? first generation? that dosent even start to make any sense.

so by saying that ANY car that cannot go 100k without needing preventave matninace is bad? what about the hoards of old hondas that had 60k timing belt intervals, i rarely hear honda owners bitch about that.

and seriously if someone cannot handle changing a timing belt, what makes them think they are capeable of performing a swap, thats alot of work.

there is aftermarket for the lq1, you just have to be creative and get some1 to make the parts you want. also for the amount of money spent on a l67 swap u can probably get some nice parts made or maybe even a turbo upgrade?

there is aftermarket for the lq1, you just have to be creative and get some1 to make the parts you want.

But if you have to have someone custom make it, it's not aftermarket. It's just custom.