anyone heard this before

rglguy

hey just curious if anyone has encountered this noise from the enine compartment

it sounds lieka power steering pump low on fluid, BUT i just did my stererin pump and the noise is still there, (m,y old pump was fucked)

it sounds as if its comming from the TB/egr area ....

alos anyone ever hear a nboise at times when they tap on the brakes or start moving i cant describe it, kinda whizzing noise?

hey just curious if anyone has encountered this noise from the enine compartment

it sounds lieka power steering pump low on fluid, BUT i just did my stererin pump and the noise is still there, (m,y old pump was fucked)

it sounds as if its comming from the TB/egr area ....

alos anyone ever hear a nboise at times when they tap on the brakes or start moving i cant describe it, kinda whizzing noise?

Alternator maybe?

I had that noise come from possibly the brake booster. But it's funny, it would do it when I let off the brakes. Crap though I just realized it doesnt do it anymore

well i have narrowed it down to not being anything that is turned by the belt, as i took it off and fired er up and it was still there, i was told to adjust my TV cable, havent done that yet, not a leaking gasket in the TB, maybe i need a gasket on the EGR but i dont think so, i wonder if it even is woprking, i was revin up engine and whatnot in the garge and watching it, nothing was moving........what did you do to make the noise from the

boosater to go away

it is all the time at idle, any higher and i dont know, i replaced the ps pump with known good, and i took the belt of and ran the car with out it, thus eliminatin any accessory driven by the belt

thx

The whining sound in my car came from the transmission being low on fluid. I would check that. If that don't cure your problems then it could possibly be the trans fluid pump or TC taking a hike. :) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

I get a strange "Whiiirrmp" sound when I'm backing out of a parking spot as I press the brakes. Just had my pads replaced, so it's not the pads themselves, not sure if that's the same sound you mean or not.

• 2 weeks later...
I get a strange "Whiiirrmp" sound when I'm backing out of a parking spot as I press the brakes. Just had my pads replaced, so it's not the pads themselves, not sure if that's the same sound you mean or not.

Just once or all the time? Occasionally I can hear my ABS pump the

system pressure up as I'm backing out of my lot. That usually occurs

once a day or less often.

Christopher

hey hey someone from Bloomington welcome 8)

Nice Cutlass, I'll have to keep my eye for it! :) I just joined this

forum again as part of my research into the Delco/Bose sound

systems.

Christopher