black out

97CuttySupSL

no it doesn't dry smooth as paint, it'll scatter the light beams and look like hot shit, JMO

if you are to try it i'd do it on a junk set first

I have never heard of anything like that in my life. Maybe if you dont use it right...

Mine are pefectly smooth, and I can take pics to back it up. Light pattern is exactly the same too.

Doing what Shawn did to his Regal isn't really going to have the same effect on a Cutlass, since the lenses aren't clear. And if you will notice, he only painted the chrome part where the light DOESN"T reflect. On the Cutlass lights, there isn't really an area like that.

exactly the cutty doesnt even have a clear lense to even notice the black housing

so blacken out the lenses would be fine if they were sprayer correctly??

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 97CuttySupSL

• MonteCarloChick

• ToroToro

• J

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a Cutlass sedan.... the front end are ugly on those nothing you can do about it. Swap on a coupe front end (mini-quad lights) and it will look better.

And please re-read your writing about 5 times before clicking "post", cause it's terrible.

:lol:

Wouldn't be that hard. Fenders, bumper and headlights is all you would need. I'll even let you in on a little secret to get the side moldings to match the coupe front bumper "ribs"... first gen Bravada. :wink:

I would never use nightshades on my headlights either. It's too dark and in my experience, it goes on like shit. Pactra RC tint spray owns all.

ahahahaha ok.. I thought so.

And nobody wants to help someone that can't type coherently. It just makes you look uneducated and not worth anyone's time. At least that's how I view the situation.

i don't know how in the fuck people would nightshade thier headlights, and not get them to be fucked. Night shade does not dry smooth, i don't care how light of coats you put on, i've used it many times, many.

97 cutty sup, relax,and drop the attitude take your time to type correctly and take criticizm for what it is. I am only telling you these thigns so you don't fuck up your car, and make it look like rice. Relax, and don't bite peoples heads off when you don't get the answer you want, this is a public forum, with a lot of opinions.

I would not use night shades on your headlights, it'll look like shit and your light output will be dramatically decreased.

I would not use night shades on your headlights, it'll look like shit and your light output will be dramatically decreased.

:werd: I have covers for my headlights but just take them off for night driving...

maybe i will try and make some sort of a cover using plexiglass..and im sorry for "biting heads off" im just sick of going to any forum and getting shit for not knowing all to much about my car or w's

I reiterate, Pactra RC tint is the way to go on headlights. It goes on smooth and doesn't reduce light output significantly if you dont slather it on. A heavy coat will look like shit on a red car anyway.

Looks smooth to me.

width=1024 height=768http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/torotoro/april6int044.jpg[/img]

width=1024 height=768http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/torotoro/april6int042.jpg[/img]

width=1024 height=768http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/torotoro/completemar28047.jpg[/img]

I dont imagine plexiglass covers looking very good unless you find some really really thin stuff.

im sorry for "biting heads off" im just sick of going to any forum and getting shit for not knowing all to much about my car or w's

then realize that we are giving you our opinions, with experience involved in our replies, not just what we think, but what we have tried and know.