found a sub vid, weird box..I like

Garrett Powered

Does that weird lookin port have to fire up? It would work great if the port could fire toward the back of your seat and the speaker pointing up out of the wheelwell in a fiberglass pod.

I got a 10 inch KLH powered sub hooked up to my computer and the thing just POUNDS when I play that vid. I dont know, its a good reproduction of low bass Im surprized it can hit that low.

Ya the eD 12A.22 was a beast. It had a 26mm xmax. But It also needed alot of power. It was replaced by the OV line which are way more efficient and nowhere near as harsh.

Ok thats cool but did not answer my question about the box.

Now that its discontinued and replaced by something more "efficient" just raised its value to me. You see, I have taken college courses in economics and understand supply and demand. so when a high end company releases a limited run of something that is quality tends to hold its value. thats why for audio there is a blue book.

I could be mistaken but that box looks like a ABC style box.....I dont know that much about them but they are supposed to give you better higher frequency response than a typical ported box.

I see nothing special...

Wouldnt really expect you too... this discussion is more directed towards people who have experience with high excursion woofers.[br]Posted on: April 02, 2006, 08:10:00 PM_________________________________________________

I could be mistaken but that box looks like a ABC style box.....I dont know that much about them but they are supposed to give you better higher frequency response than a typical ported box.

I will check again but I believe the box was one of the lowest tuned ported boxes I have ever seen :confused: what was it 25 Hz or somethin?

25Hz, 28Hz arent all that uncommon.

with that type of excursioin? you can see how they had to add another inch thick plate to the faceplate. :lol:

I had to use a 5 and 1/2 inch thick stacked medite faceplate to combat flex-loss. Is that common?

I have a 30Hz box with 2 subs that have about 19mm of excursion.

Thats a 19mm x-max, its excursion is likely higher than that. The dayton MKIII 15" is 20.5 mm x-max, and a very good speaker for under $200. its efficient as hell and can remain linear through TONS of abuse.

the W-7 is a $950 sub that is so efficient because of its patented W shaped cone which makes it superior to all other designs because physics says the W shape is the lightest and most rigid shape. I liked the flat one too though, like that design because reminds me of earthquake.[br]Posted on: April 02, 2006, 09:12:12 PM_________________________________________________http://realmofexcursion.com/videos/EarthquakeSound/magma12.1.wmv

Ok heres an earthquake, they had these before the W-7 came out early 2002. not the best vid, but to show you guys what it looked like is good enough to get you thinking about the timeline of things in the excursion era :wink: . may be going by pretty fast for some of you.... but I follow it like a sport.

OH YEA! whos watching NCAAs tomorrow!! Its UCLA and ???

I have a 30Hz box with 2 subs that have about 19mm of excursion.

Excursion is really subjective based on the linear tolerances that a subwoofer has. Some companys rate their "xmax" at their recommended power handling. But if pushed to their thermal limits....well....its sustancially more.

I ran a JL W0 for a short period of time. It is rated at 8 mm of xmax at its rated 125 rms. I was feeding it between 600-700rms and I was easily getting 15mm+ out of it....lol And it wouldnt even bottom out.

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/JL/12w0.3.wmv