I got a new subwoofer

slick

Assuming this the the new line of Fosgate amps we got at work, this amplifier: http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=2&series_id=6&family_id=19&item_id=106477&locale=en_US

Or this Alpine amplifier: http://www.alpine-usa.com/en/products/product.php?model=MRP-M650

I can get both of those at work, just gotta figure out which I like better.

Do you have to get one of those? I am not a big fan of either one of those. JL has the best amps, they are more dynamic and more technology built in. just read the stats on them, Alpine uses a FIXED subsonic filter (to protect the alpine subs no doubt) and Flawgate I dont know if 20 Hz (2ohm stable? thats all?) will be good enough for a dub 6. will probably just sound loud, not low without distortion.

I mainly was looking at both of those due the the employee discount I get on them.

But, i also know people at other car audio places around town that carry other products.

I'm just starting to get some ideas.

*orgasms*

you are a god!

<-- worships JL Audio speakers (Had 5 12" W0's in my Honda Accord)

as for an amp, my favorites are Alpine, JL, and Kicker...especially Kicker

Hmm...I could use a 12" W1v2...got any connections :lol:

If I wasnted into SQ, JL would be my first choice. And that will be fucking loud!

Kicker has some very good amps, as do PPI and eD. Although I think your aiming to get something with your discount though.

With this setup, I'm not as concerned for SQ as I am SPL. I haven't really ever done anything SPL, so this one will be my first.

Using the discount will be my first choice. But, if I can find a comparable amp thats no more than $50 than what my discount would be, I would probably go with it, if it is better.

I have a set of 4" JL mids as well. They are just woofers. They will be going into my doors along with a set of Infinity 5.25" components that I have.

BTW, anyone know where I can find a nice 3 way crossover?

With this setup, I'm not as concerned for SQ as I am SPL. I haven't really ever done anything SPL, so this one will be my first.

Using the discount will be my first choice. But, if I can find a comparable amp thats no more than $50 than what my discount would be, I would probably go with it, if it is better.

I have a set of 4" JL mids as well. They are just woofers. They will be going into my doors along with a set of Infinity 5.25" components that I have.

I am testing some dayton 2 way home speaker crossovers soon and they have 3 way ones too in parts express catalog. way beefier than anything automotive I have seen. but if you mean electronic, pre-amp style, I got one I never use anymore. was really nice back in the day, I had it in my first system. now that shits just built into the head unit :rolleyes: and the amp. :willynilly: kids nowadays have it too easy, they dont even know :wink:

Nah... I'm looking for something more along the lines of the crossovers that come with a set of Component speakers, except I would like it to have 2 woofer outputs. If I can't find anything, I guess I'll just have to use the one woofer output and wire it to accept the 2 woofers, while keeping it at 4 ohms. No biggie I guess.

How much is your discount on certian amps? Like the amp you would like to go with. Also, what is the sub rated at in terms of RMS. ( Sorry if I missed that somewhere )

The sub is at 400 rms. Right now, the sub is wired at 4 ohms, or so it reads on my multimeter.

I get anywhere between 30-50% off of retail off of amps with my discount. Thats why these amps are that appealing to me.

If its only 400w RMS, your better off going with the amps that you can get a discount on. Unless it was more watts it could handle Id recommend something, but you wouldnt get a discount.

I am testing some dayton 2 way home speaker crossovers soon and they have 3 way ones too in parts express catalog. way beefier than anything automotive I have seen. but if you mean electronic, pre-amp style, I got one I never use anymore. was really nice back in the day, I had it in my first system. now that shits just built into the head unit :rolleyes: and the amp. :willynilly: kids nowadays have it too easy, they dont even know :wink:

Thats what I have right now, is a set of 3 way home crossovers. I mean, they will work, but aesthetically, they aren't what I'm looking for.

I guess I could always mount them hidden somewhere.

Im not going to hide them, they are big ol' dayton X-overs. they are beautiful. I will be mounting them where the old 6x9s are on the back shelf. right next to the Vifa screamers. I will probably hack up the back carpet shelf and make a new cover for everything including the DVD player I got half way installed back there.

One things for sure, the 6x9s are not going to be welcome anymore. I will probly do what I did up front with the boston tweeters because it worked so well; make a MDF plate same shape as the stock speaker. then with the screw holes drilled out , mount the new tweeter/x-over right on the plate. then Ill probably use smoked acrylic to cover it all and hole saw out a hole for the sound to come through. that way if you look close you can still see Dayton and all the electronics on the blue circuit board.

Im not going to hide them, they are big ol' dayton X-overs. they are beautiful. I will be mounting them where the old 6x9s are on the back shelf. right next to the Vifa screamers. I will probably hack up the back carpet shelf and make a new cover for everything including the DVD player I got half way installed back there.

One things for sure, the 6x9s are not going to be welcome anymore. I will probly do what I did up front with the boston tweeters because it worked so well; make a MDF plate same shape as the stock speaker. then with the screw holes drilled out , mount the new tweeter/x-over right on the plate. then Ill probably use smoked acrylic to cover it all and hole saw out a hole for the sound to come through. that way if you look close you can still see Dayton and all the electronics on the blue circuit board.

Got any links to these crossover's?? Mine are ugly as sin.

Ahh.. good ol' parts express. I used to get there catalog when I lived at home, but now I don't get it anymore.

BTW, that place is only 45 minutes away from my hometown.

So what your saying when something blows up in your motor you won't be able to here it. Thats cool you can just coast to the side of the road. I hope you are not one of thoes ass holes that stops at a stop sign with the stero blarring. If so I would run over you. :twisted: If it's moderate enjoy. :biggrin:

Jud

I am an asshole then. :mrgreen: people in front of me when I pull up at a stoplight will stick their fingers in their ears and shake their heads as the ear wax falls out :lol: the bass goes through buildings and shakes upper levels. shit falls over and everything.

So what your saying when something blows up in your motor you won't be able to here it. Thats cool you can just coast to the side of the road. I hope you are not one of thoes ass holes that stops at a stop sign with the stero blarring. If so I would run over you. :twisted: If it's moderate enjoy. :biggrin:

Jud

I am nice when I am in town, at stoplights, etc...

I really only boom my music loudly when I am out in the country, if I am showing it to somebody, or am testing it out. Otherwise, i only listen to it to make my music enjoyable.