Z-34 grille?

warwgn3

I know I'm still kinda new here, and I still have alot to learn about W-bodys, (King of B-body's speaking here, lol),

But I was wondering why GM made a different grill for the Z-34 instead of having the same slotted grill as the Euro's. In my opinion, the solid Z-34 grill makes the Lumina look like a Cavalier on steroids. I think the slotted grille looks better.

My brother actually thinks my Euro would look cool with the Z-34 hood with the slots, and the standard slotted grill.

Get that damn grille painted yet? :mrgreen: :lol: :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly: :cool: :biggrin: :wink: :willynilly:
Speaking of painting grilles, I have to paint mine... it's faded pretty bad. Actually if you can understand where I'm coming from, with the cars I grew up with and later owned, I kinda wish my Lumina had more chrome.

Get that damn grille painted yet? :mrgreen: :lol: :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly: :willynilly: :cool: :biggrin: :wink: :willynilly:

not yet, im still waiting to get a couple more quotes on getting it painted. I have to go back to one place again....It WILL be painted by the April IL meet

not yet, im still waiting to get a couple more quotes on getting it painted. I have to go back to one place again....It WILL be painted by the April IL meet

Only cost me $9 to paint mine.

grille1.jpg

nice...but i dont wanna do mine myself

i dont have ANY luck as far as painting anything car related( i suck at painting models)

what's the worst that could happen?? you fuck it up and take it to the shop to get it painted anyway :mrgreen:

...painting something that small shouldn't be very difficult...

you honestly would think that it wouldn't be difficult wouldnt you?? :lol: no im serious i messed up painting my nightshades.......and those I painted JUST the lenses of the tails :oops:

i'd rather have better quality the first time around then having to f_ck up painting it myself, then having to take it to get it done again.....

I know where he's coming from, I fucked up painting my Cavalier grille, it's still in my garage and looks like shit. I'd just get er' done somewhere that paints, can't be too much for a grille. :biggrin:

tell me what your guy's method is for painting...... do you spray on one heavy coat of paint with no wet sanding or do you wet sand before each coat of paint?

i dont have ANY luck as far as painting anything car related( i suck at painting models)

what's the worst that could happen?? you fuck it up and take it to the shop to get it painted anyway :mrgreen:

ah i also forgot that i'm shaving the bowtie too...I cant exactly do that on my own either :lol:

ah i also forgot that i'm shaving the bowtie too...I cant exactly do that on my own either :lol:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo