Rubber surrond detatched from cone!! help

NeonKnight

So my 6x9 had started making some odd noise, i took a good look at it and noticed that the rubber surrond on the entire long side of it is detatched... now how this happened i have no idea, i am going to see if i can get a replacement from the manf but i already tried superglue... i dunno how well this will hold since it was just crappy crazy glue. i let it sit over night and i am hoping that when i get home it will work out okay

What kind of speakers are these that you are repairing? If they are decent quality and you don't want to trash them, they do make kits to repair foam surrounds. Heres one I found on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/6x9-FOAM-SPEAKER-SURROUNDS-BEST-QUALITY-spkr-repair_W0QQitemZ9702538300QQcategoryZ14942QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I've replaced surrounds before and it's not too tough. But try doing it on a pair of Bose 901's and the job can get tedious... 18 4" round speakers... :laugh:

well the super glue is holding, at least i think it is, i do not hear that crappy bass from the cone moving and hitting the surrond.

The speakers are Crystal audio, cost me $89 on discount from a friends audio shop over here. they are damn good speakers, you dont need a subwoofer if you got one of these bad boys.

anyone have any idea where i could get a voice coil for a powerbass 12" 350 watt black series sub? i actually need 2, 2 refoam kits, and 1 cone kit.

i think they are... PB-B125D

or something like that, they are single voice coil.. i have 2 and both are blown with stiff voice coils lol... i know how to fix them but i can not find replacement parts.

these are similar.. except that this is a dual VC model.. but mine look the same, minus 1 VC

also these pseakers are some of the loudest subs i have heard. 2 of these rattled my lumina until it threw a rod :P