My vintage emblem project [56k no way]

Guest donkeykongrape

Guest donkeykongrape

I picked up a pair of 70s Cutlass Suprme script emblems off Ebay that I thought would look pretty badass on my doors. So far I have 1 of them glued onto the passenger side door, I'll probably do the other one tomorrow

The emblem came in the mail broken in 2 places by the 'R'...I was able to JB-weld it together...what do you guys think?

emblem_1.jpg

emblem_2.jpg

emblem_3.jpg

Surprisingly, with those wheels, I like it. Not bad at all.

If they came broken in the mail, I'd ask for my money back or something. Now, if they were listed as broken thats another story.

Guest donkeykongrape

Yeah, it came broken in the mail, I bitched at the seller and he refunded me the whopping $2.75 that it cost ($0.75 for the emblem, $2.00 for shipping)....even if he didn't refund it i wouldn't really care it wasn't that much money

The other emblem came intact so hopefully it shouldn't be so much of a pain to glue it on

I personally don't care for them. Looks too old fashioned and ornate. I don't even like the serif font used on my 89, I think the sans-serif on the 94+ looks cleaner and more modern. I like the N-body Cutlass font the best, and would probably switch mine to that if they were smaller and had a matching "Supreme".

Clicks the watch item button...

That would look sweet i think. But you would have to cut the nut/bolt thing off the back and find a way to glue it on. I aint puttin any more holes in my car LOL.

I personally don't care for them. Looks too old fashioned and ornate.

Looks like you and I are in the minority :lol:

Add another one to the minority. No offense at all, and this is just IMHO, but those badges look awful. I even have the 1994+ Cutlass badges on my car because I think the 1988-1993 ones look terrible too.

Clicks the watch item button...

That would look sweet i think. But you would have to cut the nut/bolt thing off the back and find a way to glue it on. I aint puttin any more holes in my car LOL.

The nose emblems already have posts and there's already a hole in your fascia, one more won't hurt.

Guest donkeykongrape

No offense taken, i respect your opinions, however i don't care =) I like how it looks.

My emblems did come with the mounting posts on the back, I used a makita to grind them off and JB-weld it to the car.

Also, my 92 didn't come with any badges? It only has one oldsmobile emblem on the trunk...

• 2 weeks later...