Whats better? Monroe or ACDELCO struts?

99vetteman

I will be replacing all the struts on my 94 vert' soon. I have used both Monroe and ACDelco in the past. I was pleased with both.

What do you guys recommend?

Jason

It depends what you want.

KYBs are a good cheap strut with some performance in mind......fi you opt for the GR-2s.

Monroe seems to have a decent line up....ranging from excellent ride to uber cheap.

I don't know who makes AC Delcos......but they are the factory replacements.......so even if some other company makes them......they would also make the GM verison (which they do sublet).......however, just because someone else makes them, doesn't mean they are made to shitty specs.

We put the cheap monroe stuff all the way around on my car, my dad's 90 and the rear of my sister's car and so far so good. Still way better than my car ever was with the factory stuff...got a year (25k miles) on the rear struts on mine and over that on my sister's.

The monroe stuff looked to be pretty well constructed.

I like the KYB's I bought for the Olds. Every W-body I've had with FE3 or FE7 suspension, when I put monroes in the front, I got a floaty, bouncy ride as if they were worn already. I've tried them in two different FE1 cars and they reacted much better. Just watch for that. Also a few years back when looking for Delcos, the dealer gave me two listings. One listing was cheaper, made by Gabriel, and one was the better Delco strut which included mounts, much more expensive but they informed me Gabriel does not make these. I don't know if Delco is still doing it like this.

i just put monroes on all 4 corners of my car and i'm VERY pleased with how they ride, then again anything over my 100% blown, 148,000 mile struts was an improvement. i went with monroe sensatracs since i could get them prety cheep, and with a good warranty.