rust

luminal67

What type of rust problems do you have?? Pics?

My car has small spots that pop up here and there...I fix all ofthem before something worse happens.....my driver's door at the bottom like to have an "outbreak" every few months lol

Well the thing is with rust, once it starts on the body panels, it requires much work to get rid of it. If you catch it early, you can fix it without tooo much trouble. But once it sets in, Especially with body panels, theres more parts that are much much worse.

MMC, that fucked! lol Ny gotta love it

One thing that doesn't have much rust in the underbody of my car....only rust under there is the exhaust system and the rear bumper mounting points (I spray painted them but will properly fix it in summer)

What type of rust problems do you have?? Pics?

the usual. insied the trunk right behind the tail lights, the rockers, wheel well openings in the rear, under the hood was pretty bad but i tried to fix as much as possible. the pass. door is getting bad and its bubbling behind the rear wheel well the list goes on and on. Ill get pics as soon as i find a warm day.

Rust is the reason why I wanna get my olds off the road in the winter, but since pops wont let me, I spend atleast $100+ every winter in car washes to keep it clean and get the salt off it.

A lot of ppl use that POR-15 stuff on this forum IIRC...I've heard good things about it.

My car had that typical rust above the tailights and on the other side of the trunk lid lip...all fixed 100%.....the inside of my rear queaters at the bottom had surface rust starting (2 door coupe, vent thingy in the door jam) anyway those vents leak like a bitch...so I snaded as much as possible with a brom handle...vacuumm, sprayed some rust reversal shit on it and then went to town with tar undercoating

I spend 3 days doing the under body of my car with that POR-15. Thats some good shit.

That looks like just alot of surface rust, which really isnt too bad. Give ya props on cleaning that up though!

i know that i got a bit of rust on the rockers behind the cladding on my regal, but so far i have been keeping it at bay with rust-check. I just find it wierd that a lot of cars start showing surface rust before it gets bad. W's are like the complete opposite, it comes in from behind, and once it shows its ugly head, its too late :evil:

on a side note oly damn MCC, how does that thing pass NYS inspection!
No idea.. it was inspected before we bought it..

And we don't have retarded rust rules like PA

EDIT: wtf.. where'd the post go