Car doesn't start some times, hmmmm...

Pabz

Hey guys, whats popin

Sometimes when i turn the ignition to start the car acts like nothin is there, no turn over or anything pure silence, then after a few trys of moving the key to start again it starts normally, well this was off and on for a while, but on tuesday the car did it again but it was pissin me off, i was in a hurry, but since i love my car i quickly calmed down and gazed into the nice new paint job i got and once the pearls glisend in my eyes i came back to reality and tried to start it again, it didn;t work but after a few tries it worked. When it starts it starts perfect, but when this happens its like there is no connection being made or something, my battery and alt are fine, its the ignition, hmmmm... maybe i will go stare at those pearls again, hahah i love my new paint job, sorry to brag, but i put alot of work and a whole summer of non crusin, so bare with me, please.

I'll answer your question in a bit, but just to let you know I'll be hanging around you in the forums, because I just ordered a gallon of acrylic artic white paint and could use some advice on using a sprayer!

I have/had this problem. For me it was mainly a problem with degraded wires. Appereantly there was a wire that was repaired a long time ago coming into the engine compartment and it was repaired using those classically annoying butt connectors. Well lets just say the whole thing turned green. Also my starter was very old and it would also start to do crap like that too. Now I've deduced that my remote starter is just a POS. Anyways I hope this helps and BRIAN, help me get my pic back on to my signature!!!!!!!!Before I tell punk'in Patch!!

When this happens, try fiddling with the shifter.

Penny's Cutty had this problem, and it was park/neutral switch out of alignment. The switch was thinking the car was in Reverse when it was really in park. Loosening the bolts that hold the switch on and adjusting it did the trick.

My car did that once in awhile when I bought it and it was the starter. Replaced it and ever since no probs. Sometimes the solenoid has a bad spot and turning the key a few times moves it to a good spot so that it will start. I think you can do the solenoid separetly but while your there, you mideaswell do the starter. One less part to worry about.