Top Posters In This Topic

• OldsmoBeast

• PJB

• ismellrealbad

• stevenjoseph82

Guest fatguy

In my 88 Cutlass: 126

In my 89 Cutty Int'l: 132

In my 90 TurboSTE: ~160 using the avg speed in the DIS to determine this. 130 - 140 was a handful then it was like glass! Can't wait till the tranny is rebuilt and HUD to acurrately determine the true top end.

In my cousins 73 Camaro: 179 on an aftermarket 200mph speedo that we know is acurate at 122. (he still has the ticket to prove that one)

Next time I go out, I'll have to take pics of the roads here in Western South Dakota. Ever heard of a road looking like a ribbon? 26 miles and you can see the town at the end :lol: :lol:

I always just use this stretch of state highway here in Indiana. It's not really that safe to do, but it's straight. It's a 4-lane highway, so I figure that if a cop was coming the otherway, he'd have to slow down so much to make it through the median that I'd be long gone. It's takin' your chances, but when I feel that need for speed...AIN'T NOTHIN' GONNA STOP ME!!!

your talking about 73 right

134 in my La Baron and 142-4 in my 89' CS ( though my friend tells me it said 147 at one point..I dont know I wasn't looking down)(cop that gave me verbal warning said 143)...you all have heard this before.....

I've had my LE up to 110 on the highway...verrrry late at night :wink: I've had the TGP up to 89 so far, but I legally shouldn't be driving that car on the road at all with no insurance or plates. :lol: And I've had the GT up to 90 on the interstate..but I baby that car.

In my 88 Cutlass: 126

In my 89 Cutty Int'l: 132

In my 90 TurboSTE: ~160 using the avg speed in the DIS to determine this. 130 - 140 was a handful then it was like glass! Can't wait till the tranny is rebuilt and HUD to acurrately determine the true top end.

In my cousins 73 Camaro: 179 on an aftermarket 200mph speedo that we know is acurate at 122. (he still has the ticket to prove that one)

Next time I go out, I'll have to take pics of the roads here in Western South Dakota. Ever heard of a road looking like a ribbon? 26 miles and you can see the town at the end :lol: :lol:

my first car was a 73 camaro with the LT1 auto combo. speedo went up to 130 i would guess i took her to 40 or so on many occasions. my only complaint about that car was it was HEAVY.

i have been out on ND roads many times and those are pretty darn flat as the state is flat. :) so i can see your picture.

Monty

come onnn.......i've gone faster on my bike! fuck i should HOPE so!

Well its a wreck with something wrong in the right wheel area, like a strut and/or tie rod, etc. I cant register it yet and its not driveable on the road yet so all Ive done is moved it around the driveway at the shop I work at.

In my 3 speed beretta, I've pinned the speedo at 120 mph, and brought it another 500 rpm past that, so i think probally somewhere around 125.

I've also been 150 in a Ferrari F355, and 180 in a TT Ruf w/ GT2

come onnn.......i've gone faster on my bike! fuck i should HOPE so!

Well its a wreck with something wrong in the right wheel area, like a strut and/or tie rod, etc. I cant register it yet and its not driveable on the road yet so all Ive done is moved it around the driveway at the shop I work at.

oh.....well in that case.....d'oh!

My STE I Have been Clocked at 138MPH, when It became to light for the Road and I slowed down.

My 91 Cutlass Interseptor sedan 137MPH, could never get it past that with that stupid governer.

Friends 92 Lumina Governed at 119

Local cops are board and they close off the old Hwy every so often to let you practice for a Race.

Fastest I Ever Drove was in my old 1986 Corvette 383 4spd auto 176MPH was Racing a 94 stealth R/T and Kicked his butt. on I 94 S in MN

i had my moms 98 lumina up to at least 136 mph and the govenor never came on until after i got it that high and then after words it comes on at 110 so iunno

Wow ur lucky that the cops actually let u speed by closing off the highway... if only the NYPD was that understanding lol but ya gotta love em!!

well since the mine closed down here a year and a half ago that Road never gets used any more anyways.