How Fast Have You Gotten It Up To?

stevenjoseph82

Hey, how fast have you guys got your cars goin'? I'd say the fastest I've been in mine was inbetween 120 and 130mph. I'm really not sure, because my speedometers off because of my tires. I got pulled over for 86, when my speedo said I was only goin'79. It read 122, but who knows? Anyways, HOW FAST?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OldsmoBeast

• PJB

• ismellrealbad

• stevenjoseph82

within a week of purchasing my cutty i got her to cutout at 118. later i find out my speedo is off by 2 as the front tires are not what they should be. so it was 116 in reality.

Monty

keep in mind that as the speedo gets higher, it becomes less accurate. I know this from having several cars calibrated and seeing the results.

They give you a card with the actual vs shown. On my Z28, by the time the speedo hit 100 it was 6mph off, but only 3mph off down at 50. The amount of difference increases. At 25, it was only 2 off

I guess that there is not governor on 88 CS because on a highway that was going downhill i hit 136 for about 3 seconds, i thought that its impossible in those cars to go that fast and i survived, but later my steering pump went bad.

that's the beauty of the digital speedometer......she won't max out til 999.......i would guess anyways

199 for a GP cluster at least

I think it's 199 on mine too because when it starts up it turns all the possible dashlights on and with all the lights on it reads 188...if it could go to 999 wouldn't it read 888? i don't know....meh

in Ontario, everyone speeds on the 401 but there's always cop traffic. On the smaller highways like 7&8 which are right near where i live, there's usually a lot less police during the day on weekdays. plus there's a lot of stretches that just go straight for a while through the countryside and its extremely boring if you're not flying thru it

I always just use this stretch of state highway here in Indiana. It's not really that safe to do, but it's straight. It's a 4-lane highway, so I figure that if a cop was coming the otherway, he'd have to slow down so much to make it through the median that I'd be long gone. It's takin' your chances, but when I feel that need for speed...AIN'T NOTHIN' GONNA STOP ME!!!

lol what scared me outta doing that was this: last week on my way to school, i was going about 116 in a 50 or 60 zone (Km/h) and i was coming around a slow curve and i see a cop car in the oncoming lane!! i slowed down as quick as possbile but he was apparetnly too preoccupied to even notice me.....stopped my heart for a few seconds tho!

I've limited my W's out, 125 in 91 GP 3.4, and 117 in my 89 CS's... Lots of empty road in ND, but lots of deer too. BTW, hit 155 in my 77 Ventura, 205 75R14 used tires.... tires are overrated.......