Exactly how much does a Jeff m x-over cost?

cutsupint89

I'm very curious as to how much a Jeff m x-over costs. I am considering a TGP on ebay that needs one, so I would like to know soon. Please somebody help :?

$475 I believe. It's an awesome pipe though. :) I plan on getting one soon myself. :wink: You also have to consider that the GM pipe costs around $1,000, and I'm not sure on the availability of the GM pipe.

Price for my pipe is less than 1/3 GM’s same faulty design pipe. GM’s pipe now is over $1,550, mine is $425 and yes there is a refundable core charge. As the years have gone by I have lost more and more cores from owners not returning them, and now I have had to raise the core charge to $130, no matter what the amount though, once the core pipe is retuned, all the money comes back to the owner less shipping charges incurred sending my pipe out. From this core charge I take enough funds to ship the pipe to the owner, having this core charge also makes it easy to have the correct funds to cover what every the owner selects for shipping, from Express-Saver/3-days average, up to Next-Day Saturday delivery. Shipping ranges are from $10 to $45 so that leaves for a returned core refund amount from $85 to $120 going back to the owner after shipping. A second option is becoming very popular, that is to send old core with funds for my pipe along with an extra amount for shipping, and any extra left over from shipping, is put into an envelope with the pipe box. I also honor a 2-year Warranty on these pipes, double what GM offers, but there have not been any failures since these Premium Pipes went into production in 1996 and nearly 400 pipes sold! Since the cracked OEM pipe ruins the o2 sensor (and hopefully not the catalytic converter yet) one is required and I offer a discounted GM o2 to pipe buyers. So to make that clear, the prices are $425 for the pipe and $130 for the core, total $555, or another way to look at it is pipe is $425, shipping average $20 total $465! I also offer high-temp silicone turbo oil drain lines specific for this application. With every pipe I include spare High-Temp Stainless Steel Turbo Nuts and Bolts, GM wants $3 to $4 each for these but I found a better supplier and product. I also include a new O-Ring to replace the leak prone one in all 60 Degree V6 motors, the distributor/oil pump drive gear housing, that will never be so easy to get to as when the crossover pipe is off! Last and of late it seems frustrating to have to prove my price, I make $75 on the pipe, that to pay for the 4 hours I spend on each one, this is skilled labor, and the tools I have to buy and use up (3/8 TiN drills at $10 a pop, lasts for 8 pipes to give one example), so I am not going to retire and am not ripping anyone off with this price, any “real†company would go out of business selling their wears this close to cost, end of topic.

So, I am down to 10 cores now and that has worked well in keeping up with orders, recently I did loose one pipe to a guy in the UK, but a lot of great TGP owners here in the USA have done excellent in getting me back their core pipes soon after mine is received. By request I have also setup a PayPal account to make purchases faster and/or easier, though there was someone who wanted to send Western Union, can’t make everyone happy :-).

Email me with any other questions.

Jeff M

Yep, only one he knows of in UK, bought a chip too and passed their emissions so nice to hear that again. Also one in Sweden, another in Finland, and on our side, one out in Hawaii, some in Canada as well. Fun talking to the European guys, their communication/grammar is different and interesting to talk back that way. Parts for their TGPs over there is deathly high, they come to me for a discount and at least someone who will deal with them sending international.

Jeff M