extra airflow

no1kicker

I've seen some of the 97+ guys remove their drivers headlight to get more air to their CAI. Since we put our filter on the turbo, how about removing the drivers hood louver? Has anyone tried it? Could it be effective? I know the louver isn't directly above the turbo, but close enough. Just a thought that popped into my head while under the hood today. :)

That spot wouldn't do anything because it is a low pressure area. The reason they remove the headlight is for the ram air effect. I did that on mine before I chucked the stock airbox. :) :)

I've seen some of the 97+ guys remove their drivers headlight to get more air to their CAI. Since we put our filter on the turbo, how about removing the drivers hood louver? Has anyone tried it? Could it be effective? I know the louver isn't directly above the turbo, but close enough. Just a thought that popped into my head while under the hood today. :)

Not much for the air filter, but it will let alot more heat out of the engine bay.

Not much for the air filter, but it will let alot more heat out of the engine bay.

Exactly. It would vent the engine bay out and lower underhood temps ALLOT! Which intern lowers intake temps.

My roomate saw a 1/2lb PSI increase by jet coating his trubo housing and manfiold. And it seemed to spool faster (just a tiny bit). Lowering the underhood temps will allways increase performance of any open cone setup.

Granted its intercooled but still colder air in colder air out right?

RedZ