woohoo new struts!!!

White93z34

just finished putting all new struts on my car, i got the rears outa the way earlier this week, biggest pain ever. all 4 of the studs were stuck in the knuckles to the point that i had to pull the knuckles and struts out and pound the studs out with a sledge. the fronts were easy once i got an impact on the strut bolt. and all 4 were 100% absoutely blown. the rears got new mounts, and boots. and all 4 struts are nice monroe sensatracks. just figgured i'd share that!

Sweet, so when I try mine in the spring and mess it up, now I can come to you!

Glad to hear you're happy with the new parts. Monro-sensatracs are what I'm going to use too.

After driving on the highway for 1.5hrs (yeah I do mostly city driving) I REALLY want to get new struts! The ass is sagging a bit, and at certain speeds sometimes the car bouces up and down a bit, which is unpleasant. I just haven't decided on the brand. Maybe AC Delco (or whatever GM uses) cause I get a discount???

I still need to fix mine....good to see you can fix stuff like that....I am still scared I'll fuck something up....especially if I have to take the brakes off the rear, fuck I'll it up bad....

I'm still debating to convert to coilovers....or just to replace the struts.

I asked a mechanic at work today and he was saying the AC Delco rear shocks would come with some other part (mount or somthing, I forget what he said) and it might be easier to just buy that compared to buying an aftermarket one and piecing it together.

Sweetness! Bet the car rides ALOT better than when I ride in it! :mrgreen:

Oh btw...getting in my car on the pass side is getting annoying... :read:

:wink:

I asked a mechanic at work today and he was saying the AC Delco rear shocks would come with some other part (mount or somthing, I forget what he said) and it might be easier to just buy that compared to buying an aftermarket one and piecing it together.

if he thinks installing the upper mount for the rears struts are hard, hes on crack. that was stupid easy to do, just be sure to put the boot on first.