Spring code Z34

joey b

What springs did most of the 94's come with? I might get a set, but only if they are stiffer than the ones I have now. Any input of spring codes from any Z34 would be appreciated.

This shows the availible spring codes for you... And anyone with a Z34, help out our man here, and look to see if these codes are in you cars's SPID, on my cars these were near the end of the SPID list.

http://www.w-body.com/spring-codes.html

btw, asking for what most 94 came with, doesn't make alot of sense.... since they have a lot of variables affecting what a car has.... or are you singularly asking for 94 Z34?l

I also should note that many springs may still have the factory label attached, and they would match the code on the chart.

its not going to be listed on the RPO tag, i decoded mine and all it told me is that i have FE3. from what i understand it is located on the paper tags that are affixed to the springs. if i get the chance i'll take a look at that next time i have the wheel off.

I'm sorry i forgot one important step, they are slightly recoded...

they remove the first letter and attach the second two letters to the number 6 for Left Front spring, and the number 7 for Right Front Spring

thus my 95 CS (which has FE1, actually but has fe3 swaybars and low fe3 srpings)

code --> SPID

FUX --> 6UX

FUX --> 7UX

94 CS AND 92 Lumina

?WP --> 6WP

?WP --> 7WP

From what I've seen, just because the cars typically came with "XXX" spring code, doesn't mean they have it. Shawn has a certain TGP spring code(FUZ) listed on the main site somewhere and my stock TGP springs(FWW) are one step up on the stiffness chart from what he listed.

Chris, if you still have the spring tags, they should be visible without taking off the wheel(on both of my 1st gens, they were near the top of the springs and visible if you looked up into the wheel wells).

EDIT: FWIW, some of the higher load rated springs are still listed at GMPartsdirect.com for about $40/each.