KYB front strut mounts

Guest TurboSedan

Guest TurboSedan

what is the difference between the 'heavy duty' and 'regular' strut mounts that KYB makes? they don't affect ride height do they?

i just spent $100 on strut mounts and boots from tirerack....i went with the heavy duty mounts. hope i got the right ones.

Guest TurboSedan

i'll just have to compare the stock strut mounts to the new KYB heavy duty mounts i guess. the only thing i'm sorta worried about is the KYB mount being thicker (being they are 'heavy duty') and somewhat negating the drop the Intrax springs provide.

on a side note, i am considering getting rid of the rubber lower spring isolator in hopes of getting the most possible drop provided by the Intrax springs. i really don't think it is needed.

on a side note, i am considering getting rid of the rubber lower spring isolator in hopes of getting the most possible drop provided by the Intrax springs. i really don't think it is needed.

careful! sounds like you don't mind creaking! Maybe you should consider a thinner padding like a piece of raw hide!!!!

how far Are you trying to lower her?

Guest TurboSedan

well my brother has done it to his car and he gets no creaking whatsoever. i really don't see what the difference would be if i did it to my car. i may or may not do it - i'll have to look at it when i put the Intrax springs in next week.

I dont think you should remove it, you will definitly get side to side motion, so alot of clunking. You might be able to get away with removing (cutting off) the part that sits underneath the spring while keeping the piece on the inside.

Guest TurboSedan

i'll have to compare the area where the lower spring sits to the struts on my brother's Turbo Dodges. the TD guys remove their lower spring isolator all the time with no clunking or any other adverse affects (and it does help to get the car lower too).

Guest TurboSedan

i looked at them closer and found that it is not possible to get rid of the lower spring isolator due to the shape of the lower spring perch. removing the rubber isolator would make the spring sit crooked.