6x9 speaker covers..I'm making some custom ones-Drawing PG 2

AWeb80

Mine are all faded and yellow....I'm going to have some new ones lasered out of aluminum or steel and also put a design in them and then have them Powdercoated a dark grey color.

What design should I put in them.....and how should I make it look?

A pontiac symbol perhaps? I'd say keep it subtle

Ya, i'm thinking PONTIAC or GRAND PRIX in a half moon around the top w/ the pontiac symbol underneath....

any other ideas?

Well, right now i'm thinking of PONTIAC curved around the top and then haveing a solid peice of steel in the middle and having the emblem laser engraved into it. I can get the "star" in the middle of the emblem to be there, unless i leave connecting lines going to it that are super thing....

i'll have some drawings up in 2 wks probably.....not in a hurry to do them yet.

Hmm, I'd say if you make them, make sure it isn't shiny or it might reflect into the back window causing glare....might want to keep that in mind, or you might not care, just thought I'd mention.

But yeah that sounds awesome, and Jeremey is right, everything you've made so far turns out great

Here is a sad interpretation of what my idea is so far......

Everything in GREY will be cut out....

...and if ya read into the design....the three stripes are to signify the B4U lines :wink:

GPspeakercover.jpg

...and if ya read into the design....the three stripes are to signify the B4U lines :wink:

GPspeakercover.jpg

now that is what I call artwork!! ....although I am actually excited to see the finished product....

GPspeakercover.jpg

now that is what I call artwork!! ....although I am actually excited to see the finished product....

i'm just waiting for a coworker to use our CMM (Coordinate Measuring Machine) to get the perimeter measurements of the stock cover. I tried to draw it and its hard to get it right because it's basically an oval that has been squared off....

This is what a CMM is

global_fx.jpg

based on the things you have came up with before, I am sure that these will turn out great....

Seriously Adam! You're good with this type of stuff. I'm sure whatever you come up with for a design will look awesome. Btw...your RSTB owns. Night and day even with the RSM one up front before. Thanks for designing awesome stuff...back to subject. :D

I use a CMM every night at work. We have one like the one you posted and a smaller one.

Well, the one we have is a 4'x8'...and is fully automatic....you type in the parameters of the part and it will zero its self out and check the part on its own.....pretty cool.

The little probe on the end of ours is ~$10K...its a progressive type.....

i'm not that knowledgible about it...but its cool.