looking for foglights... *edit* driving lights?

Cam'ron

GM wants way too much IMO, where can i find some factory looking foglights/driving lights for my monte, i have looked around a couple places and they either dont have the round ones that i need or they are a hideous blue lens... i would like a clear lens? any ideas

Yeah the dealers are going to charge way too much. I'd guess your best bet would to be a j/y. Then again, your car is pretty new yet, so I don't know how many 00+ Monte's are in any j/y's. I'll keep an eye open around here.

PS, with your sig, I just finally understand your name...I'm slow I know :lol:

:lol: i am so smart SMRT

i have checked canadian tire/ partsource/ and JB's powercenter here in the city and none of them have what i am lookin for.

and yea hj/y are basically out of the question... damn these new cars... only ones i have actually seen in the yards are front end collisions so no foglights...

i am thinkin i am gonna settle for the blue damn things cause i dont think i can screw the dealer down in price

• 3 weeks later...

You can get the stock lights on eBay cheap, but you'll have to wire them up yourself. When I finally put an LS front bumper on my Impala, I'm going the eBay route for the lights, then I'm going to locate a stock Impala headlight/foglight switch and wire it all up using a relay activated by the parking lights (same way you'd wire up an aftermarket set of lights.)

i got some apc ones. i had to drill new holes in the bracket. i got the ones with the led ring. i didnt really want them, but it was the only 4" they had in stock, so i talked them into giving me some money off because of that. neway, my stock one broke (when i hit a ditch :oops:). they are H3 55W which is 2x that of stock, but the only problem i could have is blowing the fuse and that hasnt happened in a week of using them as my regular lights cuz my headlight covers render my headlights useless. i hooked up the stupid rings but ill never use them. they come with all the wiring though which i only used the wiring for the rings and my stock wiring for the h3's.

my problem is i dont have the brackets or the means to build a bracket or something like that would work... i also already have a set of 880 silverstars that are for the factory lights (i think) got em fer 10 bucks so if theyre not im not out alot... what color are they during the day when they are off?

so i went to the dealer today to find out some more about the factory brackets and housings,,, ended up jewin the guy down to where i could get the mfor 100 a side minus the wiring.. but it includes the brackets, mounting hardware, housings and bulbs... i dont know, is it a good deal or should i keep lookin for another option