Fiberglass 3" cowl for 89-96 Cutlass Supremes!

94CutlassXtreme

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeremy

• 2CUTTYS

• 94CutlassXtreme

• Prospeeder

The shifter on that car was the hurst lightning rods from the 80's style Hurst/Olds cars... That car is kinda a joke.

i never really understood that car....or why someone would want lightning shifters in a w-body :shrug:

i personally mite be buyin it

that should look nice on an otherwise stock sedan

ya i duno i think it would look good i also was lookin into gettin like jus the fiberglass cowl and gettin it bonded on but i dont feel like cuttin my hood up..id rather have the stock 1 and then a cowl 1

what exactly do the shifters like that even do?

They supposedly make it easier and "Faster"- "Lightning fast" to shift the old 3 speed autos, the lever closest to the driver lets you do drive, reverse, neutral, or 3rd geari believe, the second allows you to go to second gear, and the third or farthest away allows you to go to first gear

ok i found out the part number and cost . drivers side 88894521 pass 88894520 cost 195.59 per side

i checked KARLS chevy here where i live and found them cheaper here

2001 NW 13th St.

Gainesville, FL 32609

gmparts@gmotors.com

Phone 352-378-5301

Fax 352-378-1880

i ordered mine today

Those lightning rod shifters are made by hurst. badassoldspower was right about how they work. they won't work in a 4T60-E or any other electrically controlled automatic. all they do is allow manual manipulation of the valve body. I'd put them in mine if I could. it's not so much of puttin' em in a W. I'd like to do it because it plays up on Oldsmobiles history.

94CutlassXtreme they won't work in a 4T60-E or any other electrically controlled automatic

YES it will to work on that tranny . Who told you they dont work

ere is the option codes for this 1994 Oldsmobile Hurst Olds:

VIN#1G3WT35X6RD384574

Build Date: April 7,1994

Build Plant: 1RDW-Doraville assembly plant, Georgia

AC3-SLIDING FRT DR,LH

AL4-BKT

A31-POWER OPERATED,ALL DOORS

BYP-SPORT EQUIPMENT PKG.

B35-REAR CARPETED FLOOR MATS

B71-COLORED

C67-AIR CONDITIONING

DH6-MIRRORS-VISOR,ILLUMINATED INCL

DOE-DORAVILLE,GA,USA

D81-RR-AERO WING

FE9-FEDERAL EMISSIONS

IK2-INTERIOR DESIGN (K2)

K34-CRUISE CONTROL

LQ1-GAS,6 CYL,3.4L,MFI,V6,HO,

M13-4T60-E AUTO ELECTRIC TRANS

NC5-DUAL VERTICAL TAIL PIPES,CHROME

PY0-16X6.5, ALUMINUM

R7A-SALES ITEM NO. 26

T86-BACKUP PAINTED

T96-FOG,FRT

AJ3-INFLATABLE,DRIVER

AN3-CLOTH FRONT BUCKETS

AU0-REMOTE ENTRY

A90-LID-RE CONT ELEC RELEASE

B34-FLOOR MATS, CARPETED INSERT

B57-EXTR,DELUXE

B84-EXTERIOR

DG7-DR/PASS REMOTE ELEC

DL5-ROADSIDE SERVICE INFORMATION

D55-FRT COMPT,FLOOR

FE3-TOURING AND LOAD LEVELING

FW9-TRANSAXEL FINAL RATIO 3:43

JL9-ANTILOCK

K68-GENERATOR

MX0-4 SPEED AUOTMATIC TRANSMISSION

NA5-EMISSION SYSTEM,FEDERAL TIER 0

NX4-SPORT LEATHER

QXJ

R9Z-SALES ITEM #100

T93-TAIL & STOP SPECIAL

UB3-I ST,OIL,COOL TEMP,VOLTS,TR

US7-POWER ANTENNA

UM6-RADIO-AM/FM STEREO WITH

U66- 7,CUSTOM

VB7-FRT & RR, SPORT

VK3-FRT MOUNTING PACKAGE

WJ7 -INTERIOR*LEATHER*( TO BE USED )

VM3- CONSUMER,CONTAINS BPR IMP STAN

1SB-PERFERRED EQUIP.GROUP-1SB**

16U-BRIHT WHITE

16T-BRIGHT WHITE (94)

VH9-OWNER INFO MAN

V73-USA/CANADA

Z7S-OLDSMOBILE CUTLASS SUPREME CONV

1SZ-OPTION PACKAGE

79I-RUBY RED (96)

SVO-HURST/OLDS W30 APPEARANCE PKG

There was never an actuall 94 Hurst/Olds. The guy who put that car together made it that way, and he added his own option code on the end of the RPO code list. That list is from his cardomain page. That car is just a regular DOHC cutlass with alot of visual upgrades to make it seem like it was a factory special edition. Valenti is the guy who made it. The OSV emblems are just a copy of the ones used on the Olds Alero/Intrigue OSV concepts.

There was never an actuall 94 Hurst/Olds. The guy who put that car together made it that way, and he added his own option code on the end of the RPO code list. That list is from his cardomain page. That car is just a regular DOHC cutlass with alot of visual upgrades to make it seem like it was a factory special edition. Valenti is the guy who made it. The OSV emblems are just a copy of the ones used on the Olds Alero/Intrigue OSV concepts.

x2

yep thats true.its a concept, but thats not the point. he said the shifter wouldnt work in any or the cars with it shifter will to work in a 94 with electronic trans 4T60-E. ll i should was the tranny that was in it. yes its a concept i know that

I don't know, I don't see how it could. On trannys like the 440T4 and the 4T60, upshift points are primarily deicded by the throttle pressure cable, governor, etc... The 4T60-E has no governor or TV cable system. The shift points are determined by input from various sensors, and fluid direction in the valve body is controlled by 4 solenoids. How can you mechanically control an electronically controlled automatic?? That Cutlass with the shifters might have a 4T60. If the production date is in 1993, chances are, thats what it came with. Hell, maybe two of the shifters in that car are primarily for show.