• FordBoy

• Intlcutlass

• jeremy

• z34_nut

i dont think a current stock 2.8 can take n2o

you are correct, but there-in lies your decision

Fast, cheap, or reliable.

Pick any two because you can't have all three

Good power to me is at least 300hp i know that is most likely not posible with my cutty 165000miles but the stock 135hp isnt enough for me it cant leave a black mark unless i do a drop nutral but it wont be my last car i broke a cv shaft in my old car doing that to many times i did it once in my cutty and thats enough

plus $$$ is short im a few months shy of 17 so alot of $$$ is out

Then, honestly, I'd work on keeping the engine running and reliable, rather than looking for power. You gotta do a lot to a 2.8L to make it decently fast, and that takes money.

The engine is gold there isnt a thing wrong with the engine the only thing is when i changed the plugs it lost power the last time i drove is the power was slowly restoring itself im thinking the engine was used to being pushed a little on old plugs so when i changed them the engine has to reset itself to become firmiler with the new plugs uther then that it is gold!! :thumbsup:

The engine is gold there isnt a thing wrong with the engine the only thing is when i changed the plugs it lost power the last time i drove is the power was slowly restoring itself im thinking the engine was used to being pushed a little on old plugs so when i changed them the engine has to reset itself to become firmiler with the new plugs uther then that it is gold!! :thumbsup:

Do you say "warsh" or "wash"?

And about the engine, yeah, no matter how gold it is, I'd still focus on keeping it running. There's not all that much you can do that's cheap that'll boost power noticeably. Get a K&N dropin filter, that'll help a tiny bit. :lol:

To get 300hp you're gonna have to BOOST the crap out of it. On top of supercharging it (or turbocharging it which would be easier since there are TGP parts out there) you'll still have to give it nitrous for 300hp.

yea, ford boy, for a couple hundred you could swap in a 3.1 with a hair dryer.

but it's still going to take a lot to be putting out 300hp...

Wow, didn't read the 300hp post, good luck! The bottom line is that you just don't have the displacment to make that kind of power. Anything like nitrous or forced induction on that motor powerful to take you up to 300hp and it won't last long.

i said id like that kind of power but i know its not likelyi would even be happy with 200hp but the stock 135hp is to low i lost a race to a mini van and a station wagon it is pathetic!!!!!

My wifes minivan is faster than my Cutlass... She has the 3400 , and I had the 2.8 (for now).

You are NOT going to get any power outta that engine... Bottom line.

Swap... Swap a 3800 II Or a DOHC for power.

The 2.8 has 2 really great points though.....

It's reliable , and it's easy to troubleshoot.

Very true

Also

Wow, didn't read the 300hp post, good luck! The bottom line is that you just don't have the displacment to make that kind of power.

Displacment ain't the problem.....technology is. Our engines are old.

It is quite common these days to find engines making 100hp/liter. The Cosworth 2.2 DOHC with twin turbo makes 200hp/liter. But just as a 100hp/liter baseline, that would be 280 hp from a 2.8 liter. NOT gunna happen in a pushrod..... Now the 3.4 DOHC made 215 and that was tuned back for warranty reasons on the transmission. lets just say you could make 230 hp....

Your getting MUCH closer to that 100hp/liter with the DOHC.....

Displacment isn't the problem... the pushrod is.