new rims

97CuttySupSL

You really aren't the most clear on your questions. If you're asking what I think, then sandblasting shouldn't be too expensive (I'd see if i could find someone that has one and do it yourself) and even paint could be done yourself, but powdercoating, if i remember right from when i was looking into it, wasn't worth it unless you have a friend in the business or something. It was like 70$ a wheel or something. but yeah, maybe that answers whatever you were trying to ask.

I have always heard that sandblasting is very expensive, and would remove too much material from aluminum. I read somewhere that for removing paint without removing any underlying metal, you want to use plastic media blasting, which is extremely expensive and not many places do it.

For wheels, most people recommend just scuff sanding with sandpaper and painting over old paint. Some people use stripper, but I've actually read that's a bigger PITA than just sanding the wheels.

Can you please ask your questions so that we can understand them? I don't give a shit about your grammar or punctuation, but can you atleast type out your entire thought?!?

I also have heard sandblasting is expensive if it is done professionally. If you do it yourself like Jeremy, it's considerably less expensive. I've never done it myself, so you're going to have to ask someone else how complicated it is.

I used aircraft stripper and it was pretty easy actually....

How completely does it remove the finish?

I distinctly remember at some point you ended up using either a Dremel or power drill on them for some reason.