Chroming

Burnout524

Are these new rims used,,steel , aluminum, oem,painted or not?. Why would you want to triple chrome wheels.It makes the chrome flake off easier.

The place who did the bike showed us that web page to show exactly what tools that they use and process. . It old costed 100 to paint chrome fork and frame to a old cooks bros. To do my stock wheels was 175 /piece painted on

Are these new rims used,,steel , aluminum, oem,painted or not?. Why would you want to triple chrome wheels.It makes the chrome flake off easier.

The place who did the bike showed us that web page to show exactly what tools that they use and process. . It old costed 100 to paint chrome fork and frame to a old cooks bros. To do my stock wheels was 175 /piece painted on

What are you talking about? Triple chrome plating is the ONLY way to chrome plate aluminum wheels.

My new Regal is my frst car with chrome wheels and I LOVE them. Soooo shiney. :D

wheel.jpg

Though I didn't know how bad salt is for chrome wheels. I guess I'm lucky that mine are still in really good shape.

Shawn #1 is right, if you are going to have chrome rims, they will be triple plated/dipped ......

Shawn #2....those look like they are in good shape for being 7 years old !!!

They make flake if not properly cared for, but triple chrome plating is the only way to get a REAL chrome finish. Painted chrome (I'm guessing some kind of "mirrachrome" type paint) looks a lot more like polished aluminum than real chrome.

They make flake if not properly cared for, but triple chrome plating is the only way to get a REAL chrome finish.

no doubt.....just look at all the chrome rims and I am sure that you will find them to be triple chrome plated.....

• 2 weeks later...