Disaster

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok, the unit that the guy gave me was a piece. It totally blew out that ginat amp thing!!!

I have the old one in now. The problem remains, that when i hook up the SWRC, and turn on the headlights, the tape player starts Fast Forwarding.

Mods can move this to audio, sry.

I have the old one in now. The problem remains, that when i hook up the SWRC, and turn on the headlights, the tape player starts Fast Forwarding.

That sounds like some wires are in the wrong place. That's almost absolutely part of the '92/'8x incompatibilities. The lights do that kind of thing too if you try to use the "paddle" type light switchpod with the "pushbutton" system or vice-versa. I'd get out my FSM and trace all the SWRC wiring.

Guest Anonymous

Please do...

Now the odd part. the swrc is completely disconnected.... totally... but its backlighting with the headlights!!!! WTF?

The radio is working, but it wont backlight. The display does dim.

Guest Anonymous

Update:

Aparently there was an open in the SWRC data line within the radio housing which was causing the fuses to blow. It did fry my amp thing, so i have to use an old one that sounds like crap. I may have another in storage that I need to find.

I fixed all the wires, and the radio and backlight is now fully functional. I still can't get the SWRC to function properly, i would need a trasnmitter from an 89 for that to work. But as of now its fixed.

Good too hear you got it fixed mostly :D

I had this happen to me...I had gotten my broken cd player I was trying to fix it, but I put in a cd and I heard a "POP" and some smoke and the wonderful smell of ozone lol...