High Compresion Pistons...

GrandPrix34

anyone know if they make high compression pistons for the 3.4 DOHC? For now i am gonna stay N/A and i wanted to know if H.C. pistons would improve hp/tq and if so, were i could find some....

yeah higer compression means more power, thats part of how the got 20 more HP out of the 3100 over the 3.1L, the other way being in the heads. You will get more power, but if you get compression up into the 10s or 11s you'll have to run premium. However, I dont know where you would go about gettin any. Just search the net, or wait for someone who knows

Robby

None abalible.. Get Custom ones from "Aries, JE, ect.." but your looking at about $1,000-$1,500 for thoes.. also your motor now becomes an "Interference" Motor so your valves can hit the pistons and bend if the timeing got throwen off of if your timing belt broke.. not worth it in my opinion. I say lower the compression and boost it :) I am ;)

RedZ

I say lower the compression and boost it :) I am ;)

RedZ

I agree, you would get the most power for your dollar that way. Plus, get a chip and turn that boost up.

Robby