Engine cleaning

Supreme Cutlass

greased lightning is the best ive used (the full strength in the purple bottle auto parts stores carry). purple power works pretty well too. get the engine hot and if needed use hot high pressure water but take proper provisions to not get water into anything you dont want it to get into.

I used Simple Green on my Z34's engine from this:

normal_100_5880.JPG

To this:

normal_100_6339.JPG

It took me 4 hours or so. I even used it on the radiator support, and the strut towers and the underside of the hood. The Simple green stuff literally turns the thick caked-on oil to a very thin liquid that you can just wipe off.

I love that stuff now. :D :D

Oh yeah, almost forgot. On the washer bottle and the coolant resevoir, I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

I used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

That thing is amazing...I scrubbed the awning on our TT and it amazlingly was the only thing that was good enough to clean all the shit off....tree sap, dirty and shit that just wouldn't come off (we bought it like this)...so I tried this eraser and a couple hours later she was nice and clean.

Yup, I live by those things too. I had to use one on my Trans Am dash bezel (engine turned peice) which is made by very fine scratches that are put into the aluminum. Any abraisive material will take the swirils out of it. The Magic Erasers aren't abrasive (or atleast not enough to harm anything) so my dash bezel came out like new. I also use them on all the plastic and vinyl interior parts too, which helped clean my Lumina's dirt/grime fest that the previous owner called an interior.

They work EXCELLENT at cleaning off brake dust off rims too.

god...i must be using SImple Green wrong..or im just afraid of getting things wet

and Mr. Clean Magic Erasers SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they didnt do jack crap when i used them on my wheels(yes i followed the directions)

god...i must be using SImple Green wrong..or im just afraid of getting things wet

and Mr. Clean Magic Erasers SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they didnt do jack crap when i used them on my wheels(yes i followed the directions)

Funny, you're the first person I have come across to say they suck. Maybe you're just using those wrong too? ;)

I had some NASTY brake dust on my Montes rims, and it cleaed it all off with a little bit of scrubbing.

• 2 weeks later...

Funny, you're the first person I have come across to say they suck. Maybe you're just using those wrong too? ;)

I had some NASTY brake dust on my Montes rims, and it cleaed it all off with a little bit of scrubbing.

I love the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers....they always worked better then I expected them too...