My homemade set of RCA's

slick

I wanted something that was no interference, so I made my own. Picked up the most insulated cable I could find that also had a ground cable in it as well, and picked up some RCA male ends from RadioShack and went to work. So.... These are 90% done. I got the one ends done, and plan dropping them down, running them back, and cutting them to length, then adding the other to male ends on the other side (the shorter the cable the better :wink: ). Let me know what you think:

http://image54.webshots.com/154/8/43/26/521184326LqdSfH_ph.jpg

http://image62.webshots.com/62/8/45/10/521184510xFIrou_ph.jpg

most of my troubles with noise has been shitty amps with internal ground problems. one was an mtx and it was trouble from the getgo, the other was an rf that worked for 6 years and then started making noise. swapped out the amps, and it went away. ground loop islator didnt help (of course i would never actually use one, it was just for testing purposes)

most of my troubles with noise has been shitty amps with internal ground problems. one was an mtx and it was trouble from the getgo, the other was an rf that worked for 6 years and then started making noise. swapped out the amps, and it went away. ground loop islator didnt help (of course i would never actually use one, it was just for testing purposes)

I would personally never use a ground loop isolator either, that's why I go for the most shielding as possible, and quality recievers and amplifiers.

Nothing wrong with a ground loop isolator if it fixes the problem. My 4-channel amp had a noise problem that went away when I put an isolator on the rear channels. I use the rear for fill only, so it didn't really matter.

My stereo still whines no matter what....I've come to the conclusion it is just fucked, and I never turn it on anymore while driving. I now listen to the tap ticking sound of my mighty 3.1 lol

They don't cut any power, not the transformer type anyway. They are a 1:1 isolation transformer, there's no decrease in the audio level. They also can't affect the amplifier power output, they go on the input stage inline with the RCA's, not the output.

Only thing they will have an affect on is sound quality, and I doubt anyone could tell a difference, especially in an automotive environment. Just in case, I stuck them on the rear channel because the rear channels = who cares.

Only thing they will have an affect on is sound quality, and I doubt anyone could tell a difference, especially in an automotive environment. Just in case, I stuck them on the rear channel because the rear channels = who cares.
OIC i was just confused. werd on the real channels, esp with my subs, i just turn them off.

My stereo still whines no matter what....I've come to the conclusion it is just fucked, and I never turn it on anymore while driving. I now listen to the tap ticking sound of my mighty 3.1 lol

Heh we all know that too well.