What do you think?

Guest Anonymous

I posted a link to a scan of the Road & Track article with says a 15.3. Lets see if that shuts him up. I used to go on that board once in a while, but I didn't like the people nearly as much as everyone here :D

I think that shut him up, heh.... I'll be curious to see a response. I also was a skeptic until I turned up that article. I had always though they were a low 8sec 0-60 car and mid 16s in the quarter.... not so not so.... LOL! Show him a slow as review of a DOHC car... I'll dig up a slow Z34 test. I have a Car Craft somewhere with one.... like... 9.6 0-60.

LOL! I'll post it on there... then tell him my 97' 3100 Cutty is faster than that.

:lol:

That's too bad, it looks like it would be a decent source for info. Oh well.

Darn it!!! I can't find that mag.... I don't have anything earlier than 99'. It must not have survived the move. I think it was a 94' issue. They tested a Z34 Lumina against a Z06 64' Chevelle for nastalgia sake.

Hi TGPilot, my name is Aaron. I live at Woodmen and Academy, go to Rampart HS, and own a 1992 Lumina Z34 5-speed that has some slight ricer mods to it. well anyways id love to race ya sometime. i ran a 16.849 at 84.24 at PMI. pretty bad huh? well dont take your car to PMI, go to bandi. i never got a 60' under 3.5" becuz i wouyld just smoke them. anyway, id love to race ya sometime, then we could bring the results to this board. there is also another Z34 5-speed in town, silver. his name is michael, and his car is pretty fast. a little faster than mine. anyway, gimme a call at 534-0378 , PM me here, or email me at fireteen9@aol.com . ttyl

Well I got a PM from the kid that started the thread. He wants to race me.... :lol: :lol: Well I told my roomate that we need to bring the digital camera for video proof of how quickly things are over!! :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Go in that kids profile and click on "Find all posts by this user". Read some of the stuff he says. I think you will be amused.

BTW, That manualgrandprix guy sure changed his tune didn't he? :lol:

Well, though he does mention he would believe it with extra boost. But that was stock... WITH AN AUTO!!! holy crap I didn't see that before... and auto even...

I NEED ONE OF THOSE. LOL! I am so wishy washy sometimes. I always am with cars. :roll:

I hate cars..... :evil:

Sometimes it's embarassing to be associated with those forums.

But definatly get video when you race aaron.. I'm dyin to see video of him getting spanked by a TGP..

You know the more and more I see pics of these pristine White, Blue and Red Cutty Drop Tops/International Series, the more I am getting hooked, those are freaking gorgeous :shock: !! Now I know why the passion for these!!! Nice rides guys 8) !!

Jeff M

Someday if I meet Luke I will get him so drunk he won't know he is signing his Title over to me on the Convertible Cutty. About 3 days in the garage and it would be a 5-speed 3.1 Turbo car!!! :lol:

I Love the Cutty...I like them so much that I put the 5 stars off of a Cutty on my Ciera. A red stick twincam 3.4 Cutlass is definetly on my top five cars to own someday.

Hmmm, but the 5-stars never came on the International, or was that two different thoughts? :lol:

I like them too, which is why I have an International, a TGP, and a Cutty convertible that my wife drives. We still have her old International too, although we're putting it up for sale as soon as I get around to fixing some stuff on it and clean it up real good.

Hmmm, but the 5-stars never came on the International, or was that two different thoughts? :lol:

What are you talking about?? I never wrote that!! :D J/k

Yeah, I wasn't really thinking when I wrote that :)

Anyways, I was browsing that efi board again and I came across this thread.

http://www.efi-street.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=7718

here's a quote from z34_nut:

"3.4 is a more reliable engine, plus when its turbo charged, you get an awsome boost in power. plus its prolly easier to install then replacing the whole engine"

He better be joking about the DOHC 3.4 being a more reliable engine than the SC 3800. Don't get me wrong as I love the DOHC 3.4, but they are a motor that has to be well cared for in my opinion or else you will pay for it in the end and a lot of $$ is what it will cost. The SC 3800 is one of the stoudest V6 probably ever made by GM and they can easily go 12's.

3.4... reliable... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I like the 3.4, but I wouldn't call it "reliable".

It's a fine engine for hobbyists and DIY'ers, but I'd never recommend one to anyone who doesn't like to get greasy.

The heat is on baby :P

TGPilot, I wish you luck against Aaron, and may the boost be with you. You're going to tape the event right?? I can't wait to see what happens :P